Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

how long takes EAD after Biometrics?? K3

how long takes EAD after Biometrics?? K3

Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road
Default how long takes EAD after Biometrics?? K3

Hi everyone,

Have being a while since I posted for last time.

Finally and Thanks God my hubby is with me after long time.

We went for his Biometrics a month ago and we are just wondering how long does it take for the EAD to get approve after Biometrics. This is for K3 cases.

Any experience or advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Lizzie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:07 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long takes EAD after Biometrics?? K3

Originally posted by lizzie1977
Hi everyone,

We went for his Biometrics a month ago and we are just wondering how long does it take for the EAD to get approve after Biometrics. This is for K3 cases.

Thanks

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

I went for my biometrics appointment on 29th Aug and have heard nothing since! I'm working on the possibility it will take 90 days which will take me to Dec I think. On day 47 right now and waiting patiently.

Maggie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi Lizzie

I went for my biometrics appointment on 29th Aug and have heard nothing since! I'm working on the possibility it will take 90 days which will take me to Dec I think. On day 47 right now and waiting patiently.

Maggie
Maggie I just wondered if you sent it to the K3 post box for Chicago? I sent a personal check 10 days ago, they cashed it and we got the NOA yestersday. Did you perhaps send it to the LOCAL Chicago office p o box instead?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

We sent it to Chicago, got the 1st NOA and went for the Biometrics. No in the await of any other news from there.

Regards,

Lizzie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:11 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
Maggie I just wondered if you sent it to the K3 post box for Chicago? I sent a personal check 10 days ago, they cashed it and we got the NOA yestersday. Did you perhaps send it to the LOCAL Chicago office p o box instead?
Hi Cindy

I sent the I-765 to one address in chicago, can't remember which one now and they sent it back as being the wrong address. They kindly gave me the correct address... why they couldn't pass it along i don't know. So I sent it there and they sent it back saying they couldn't cash personal cheques. So sent it back again with a cashiers cheque. (I seriously think it's whoever receives the application and what experience they have + what mood they are in!). I got a NOA about a week later. Got biometric appointment a couple of days after NOA and absolutely nothing since.

I've looked at the AILA web site for local offices processing times and for Chicago it says it takes 90 days. So i'm working on this assumption.

Has your husband got his EAD yet?

Maggie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

kumar1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lizzie
HI lezzie,

It takes round about 6 weeks after your biometrics, it took for my wife exactly two monts from the date they received I 765 to when she received her EAD in hand.

so if one month has passed wait for 15 more days.

kumar1965
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maggs
Hi Cindy

I sent the I-765 to one address in chicago, can't remember which one now and they sent it back as being the wrong address. They kindly gave me the correct address... why they couldn't pass it along i don't know. So I sent it there and they sent it back saying they couldn't cash personal cheques. So sent it back again with a cashiers cheque. (I seriously think it's whoever receives the application and what experience they have + what mood they are in!). I got a NOA about a week later. Got biometric appointment a couple of days after NOA and absolutely nothing since.

I've looked at the AILA web site for local offices processing times and for Chicago it says it takes 90 days. So i'm working on this assumption.

Has your husband got his EAD yet?

Maggie

No, we sent it the 4th of October, they got it and receipted it on the 7th. He has his appointment for biometrics the 21st. Hopefully getting his EAD will be his Xmas present, Sure would birghten things up!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 7:22 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Originally posted by cindyabs
No, we sent it the 4th of October, they got it and receipted it on the 7th. He has his appointment for biometrics the 21st. Hopefully getting his EAD will be his Xmas present, Sure would birghten things up!

You are so right. We could do with me getting a job soon to help out, especially with Christmas coming and families here and in the UK! Oh no.... Christmas!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you both and anyone else waiting.

Maggie
Old Oct 16th 2003, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lucas03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lizzie
-------------
My wife (K3) had her biometrics on Sept. 18th. Consequently the BCIS web site now reads that she's been approved and a card has been ordered and as soon as it is ready it will be mailed, blah blah blah.
Well, it's been about a month now and still no card (that same day at the local BCIS I asked a service window woman there about the timeline and then she called and talked with a MSC person who said it would arrive the next week).
I called the BCIS toll free number last week and spoke to a woman and she said yeah it was approved on Sept. 18th and a card should be coming. She then said that if after 30 days had passed (in two days that will be the case) we can then call again and then my wife (it has to be my wife and not me) could acknowledge to a BCIS person that it hadn't arrived and then "they will take care of it immediately"...whatever the heck that means. Anyway, that's our situation.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:07 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Take a look at my timeline. The EAD seems to be taking about two months from filing to receipt. Once it was approved it took little more than a week to arrive in the mail. A very nice suprise!!!

After that all you have to do is find work.... easier said than done in some areas if you want something half decent!!!