Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long is Police Certificate good for??

How long is Police Certificate good for??

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 12:40 am
Christina

Hi all,

I am new to posting. I have found a wealth of information in this newsgroup. Thank
you to all who post informative information to help us through this process. We are
waiting for our 1st NOA (I-129F was received by NSC on May 29). I live in Canada and
got my police certificate at the end of May without a problem. Can anybody tell me if
this will present a problem for me a couple of months (or hopefully a few weeks) down
the road at my interview? Any help would be appreciated.

Christina & Ron

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 12:07 pm
Ian Levstein

If I'm not mistaken, the RCMP certificate is valid for one year from date of issue.

Ian

Christina wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Christina,
I'm pretty sure they're good for 6 months, but please check this with another source as I'm no expert at this! Good luck!
-Harry
Old Jun 23rd 2001, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Perdue is an unknown quantity at this point

Christina, at my visa interview in Montreal in December I asked about the validity of the police certificate. Mine was over six months old, so I had had it re-done just in case, but it turned out I needn't have. According to the official at the consulate, the certificate is good for one year.
Old Jun 24th 2001, 5:26 pm
Joe

The London Embassy informed me that my police certificate was good for one year
from issue. However this might not be the case in Canada so check with your embassy
just in case.

Joe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >