Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long to get your passport back london embassy

How long to get your passport back london embassy

Old Oct 18th 2009, 5:57 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough
Default How long to get your passport back london embassy

I Went on the 7th for my Interview (H1 visa) I am still waiting for my passport back nothing on the courier site to track. Tried to speak with a human being at the embassy but just got an android. What periods have people had to wait for their passports as? this seems a little long.

I had (yes i know before you say it) a flight booked but had to reschedule hoping I dont have to reschedule again
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to get your passport back london embassy

Originally Posted by rwoodfine
I Went on the 7th for my Interview (H1 visa) I am still waiting for my passport back nothing on the courier site to track. Tried to speak with a human being at the embassy but just got an android. What periods have people had to wait for their passports as? this seems a little long.

I had (yes i know before you say it) a flight booked but had to reschedule hoping I dont have to reschedule again
We had interview Thursday and got passports back Tuesday. Nothing showing on the courier site? Have you called the courier company?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:23 pm

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

I called the courier they said the number returns zilch until the passport is handed to them - again useless
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Blimey, as you know ours were back on the 9th, so that was less than 48 hours.
Don't know what to suggest, I hope the others can advise you.
How sodding frustrating for you.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:31 pm

I thought 12 days would have been enough to apply a stamp, but this seems to be a theme hours to wait and one stupid question, days to wait for one simple stamp. Oh well I am sure Virgin will cherish the extra 90 pounds reschedule fee.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:47 pm

Oh and whats worse the wife has bought no food in for me hoping I was gone...
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I thought 12 days would have been enough to apply a stamp, but this seems to be a theme hours to wait and one stupid question, days to wait for one simple stamp. Oh well I am sure Virgin will cherish the extra 90 pounds reschedule fee.
They have to run a final security check before printing the visa sticker; could be a hold up in Washington DC (there was one holiday day in there).. could be any number of reasons.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Interview Thursday 8th Oct, passport back Monday 12th by 10:30am
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:35 pm

was that a h1?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Had out interview on 15th, nothing on the DX tracking site yet.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:03 am

Make sure there are free flights in December
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

You can always email them at [email protected]
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Just checked and our passports are due to be delivered tomorrow
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:57 am

So I spoke to the couriers they say they get one delievery a day from the embassy and that is 3pm and their system is ipdated some time after 4 So for Sarah hers would have been processed Friday after a Thursday interview 1 day. Life is fun
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:59 am

For anyone thinking of emailing these people for get it!!

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPLY. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL.

Your e-mail was deleted without being read.

This e-mail address is solely for individuals who have been authorized to contact the Consular Information Unit about a specific matter. This address is not for general inquiries from the public, attorneys or agents of record. Please understand our workload does not allow us to read unauthorized inquiries, but the Embassy has set up several mechanisms to provide general and personalized guidance.

Highly detailed visa information is available from the Embassy's website at http://london.usembassy.gov. Due to our heavy workload, we cannot respond to email inquiries when the subject matter is addressed on the website.

We also cannot respond to requests for expedited processing, or nonimmigrant/immigrant visa "case status" inquiries which are still within the estimated time frame given on the website, or by the interviewing Consular Officer, whichever is longer.

If you still have questions after reading all of the content on the website, please call the Embassy's Operator Assisted Information Service for personalized service. Contact information for the Operator Service can be found on this page:
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/index.html. Callers from the United States may call this line for both non-immigrant and immigrant visa information or to schedule a non-immigrant visa interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.