Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

how long does a petition take to be approved ( Vermont office) ?

how long does a petition take to be approved ( Vermont office) ?

Old Feb 12th 2002, 6:09 pm
Lucyo

Hello all, My Fiance (US citizen) sent off our petition forms 2 weeks ago, They have
not cashed the cheque he sent, and we've not heard anything... They said 3 weeks to
get the approval, but I am worried since the cheque has not been cashed yet! What
could be the problem!?
( Iam a Newbie to all this K1 buisness!) Lucy

Old Feb 27th 2002, 5:45 pm
Ramona

Default Re: how long does a petition take to be approved ( Vermont office) ?

Lucy, Any word yet? I sent in my petition on the 20th and trying to figure out the
timeline for the K-1, The consular office in Brazil said it is going to take months
for them to receive the package from vermont--very badddd news-- Have you been able
to get through to Vermont? I am using 802-527-4913 and it is always busy.

Old Feb 27th 2002, 8:05 pm
Mrs Blackross

that is the right number, the key is to pick up your phone, dial it, if busy, hang up
and immediately redial, repeat over and over again. Apparently VSC has only a total
of 14 inbound lines but I have been able to get through successfully every time I
have called them...sometimes it takes 5 minutes of redialing, sometimes 30 minutes.

"ramona" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Lucy, Any word yet? I sent in my petition on the 20th and trying to figure out the
    > timeline for the K-1, The consular office in Brazil said it is going to take months
    > for them to receive the package from vermont--very badddd news-- Have you been able
    > to get through to Vermont? I am using 802-527-4913 and it is always busy.

Old Feb 27th 2002, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree -- the redial button is a boon. I usually do it from the office where I have a headset. It takes 25-30 tries but eventually I get in.

Good luck.
Old Mar 1st 2002, 5:35 pm
Fishy Baby

And the key is if you do get into their queue system, do not hang up! Wait until
someone answers. Just hope you don't get connected a couple mins before closing time,
as they'll just pull the plug on you if you're waiting in the queue.

"Mrs Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > that is the right number, the key is to pick up your phone, dial it, if busy, hang
    > up and immediately redial, repeat over and over again. Apparently VSC has only a
    > total of 14 inbound lines but I have been able
to
    > get through successfully every time I have called them...sometimes it
takes
    > 5 minutes of redialing, sometimes 30 minutes.
    >
    >
    > "ramona" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Lucy, Any word yet? I sent in my petition on the 20th and trying to figure out
    > > the timeline for the K-1, The consular office in Brazil said it is going to
    > > take months for them to receive the package from vermont--very badddd news--
    > > Have you been able to get through to Vermont? I am using 802-527-4913 and it is
    > > always busy.