Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long can I wait before I must move to the US

How long can I wait before I must move to the US

Old Oct 17th 2015, 11:15 am
Just Joined

aseru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long can I wait before I must move to the US

Hi, I have just had my visa with waiver agreed but I have some things to sort out before I go. Mother with Alzheimer's house sale/rent etcv.
Is there a time limit for moving. So do I have to move to the us within say 3 months after recieving my visa?

Thanks Abraham
Old Oct 17th 2015, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long can I wait before I must move to the US

6 months
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:37 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aseru
Hi, I have just had my visa with waiver agreed but I have some things to sort out before I go. Mother with Alzheimer's house sale/rent etcv.
Is there a time limit for moving. So do I have to move to the us within say 3 months after recieving my visa?

Thanks Abraham
You were in a rush to get your waiver. Doesn't your new employer want you to start the job?
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You were in a rush to get your waiver. Doesn't your new employer want you to start the job?
Yes and I am looking to go asap but unfortunately circumstances out of my control may mean it would be better to be in the UK for a few more months. And also my employer is aware of this and is very very supportive.

Abraham
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What visa do you have?

Rene
Old Oct 17th 2015, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

H1B Yes I should have said
Old Oct 17th 2015, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How much time you have depends on the expiration date of the visa.

Rene