Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How to get work visa for USA to work at Subway Franchise

How to get work visa for USA to work at Subway Franchise

Old Apr 28th 2014, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

agent7019marcus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get work visa for USA to work at Subway Franchise

I’m an unmarried male, Indian Citizen, 34 years of age, staying in India. I wish to move to USA for employment/ Immigration.

My very close relative, an American citizen owns a Subway Franchise in USA.

One of my Friend who is also an American citizen, owns a Subway Franchise in USA, shared with me that he had called one of his relative from India to work at his Subway under some Visa (I guess work Visa).

Can somebody guide me about the process and the steps involved for my close relative to call me to the US to work in his Subway?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get work visa for USA to work at Subway Franchise

Originally Posted by agent7019marcus
I’m an unmarried male, Indian Citizen, 34 years of age, staying in India. I wish to move to USA for employment/ Immigration.

One of my Friend who is also an American citizen, owns a Subway Franchise in USA, shared with me that he had called one of his relative from India to work at his Subway under some Visa (I guess work Visa).

Can somebody guide me about the process and the steps involved for my close relative to call me to the US to work in his Subway?
I have no idea what kind of work visa would allow you to come and work in a Subway shop, unless perhaps it was an H2B seasonal work visa, for when volume is high. But even then, how in the world can they justify spending thousands of dollars to bring in a foreign worker, when there are gazillions of US citizens who can do the work?

I think you'll have to ask your friend which visa they got for his relative. Please come back and let us know.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I have no idea what kind of work visa would allow you to come and work in a Subway shop, unless perhaps it was an H2B seasonal work visa, for when volume is high. But even then, how in the world can they justify spending thousands of dollars to bring in a foreign worker, when there are gazillions of US citizens who can do the work?

I think you'll have to ask your friend which visa they got for his relative. Please come back and let us know.

Rene
Perhaps the person had already won a GC in the lottery..
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Unless this person is your parent, child, or sibling... it doesn't matter that it's a "close relative".

I suggest you contact your friend and find out from him what visa it was.

I'll warn you now... from what you've written, you are unlikely to get a visa of any sort.

Ian
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

To reiterate and emphasise what the others said above. Unless your story is missing some material fact(s), you cannot get a visa to work in a sandwich shop. That you say someone else did under similar circumstances, tells me you either don't have the whole story, or they don't actually have a visa to work legally in the US.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

How close is this 'very close relative'? Are they an 'immediate relative'?