Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How to Get Connect to a Customer Representative?

How to Get Connect to a Customer Representative?

Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

joeyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to Get Connect to a Customer Representative?

I filed my N-400 on Jan 2008, and it's been almost 10 months already. I wanted to check the status of my application. I've my receipt number and then called the 1-800 number. However, the system couldn't retrieve my record. (I remembered last time, I talked to several women and they had spent quite some times to retrieve my record.)

The problem is this time when I called, I couldn't find the options to connect to a customer representative. Did anyone have tried to call recently, and would give me some insight?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:23 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to Get Connect to a Customer Representative?

Originally Posted by joeyseven
I filed my N-400 on Jan 2008, and it's been almost 10 months already. I wanted to check the status of my application. I've my receipt number and then called the 1-800 number. However, the system couldn't retrieve my record. (I remembered last time, I talked to several women and they had spent quite some times to retrieve my record.)

The problem is this time when I called, I couldn't find the options to connect to a customer representative. Did anyone have tried to call recently, and would give me some insight?

Thanks!
Can't help you on the phone call, but you might want to consider making an InfoPass appt. My husband's N-400 application appeared to be "stalled out" also. We went to an Infopass appt., and the officer could not find any reason why he hadn't been scheduled for an interview. He checked into it and we had the appt. letter at the end of that week. He has since had the interview and oath ceremony and is now a US citizen for almost six weeks. I believe that if we hadn't made that appt. we might still be waiting. Good luck.

~SecretGarden
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Can't help you on the phone call, but you might want to consider making an InfoPass appt. My husband's N-400 application appeared to be "stalled out" also. We went to an Infopass appt., and the officer could not find any reason why he hadn't been scheduled for an interview. He checked into it and we had the appt. letter at the end of that week. He has since had the interview and oath ceremony and is now a US citizen for almost six weeks. I believe that if we hadn't made that appt. we might still be waiting. Good luck.

~SecretGarden
Thanks SG. I've read your updates and made me realized that I might need to check the status by now.

I just found out today is Columbus Day Observed holiday. That might be the reason that actually it was not a work day for government offices. I will try tomorrow.

Congrats to your husabd!!

Thanks!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:33 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SG. I've read your updates and made me realized that I might need to check the status by now.

I just found out today is Columbus Day Observed holiday. That might be the reason that actually it was not a work day for government offices. I will try tomorrow.

Congrats to your husabd!!

Thanks!
Thank you, and you're welcome.

What is your district office? As you may know, we got concerned when there were other forum members going through Chicago who had applied several months after my husband. His case was still within the "estimated processing time" by many months, but after reading reports on this site, things just didn't seem right. As I said, the officer at the Infopass also said he felt we should have had an interview letter way before that point. After that appt., things went VERY quickly!

I really would take the time to speak with someone in person through an Infopass appt. Doesn't cost anything except your time.

Good luck!
~SG
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Hi:

Use the 800 number to correct your address.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:09 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Use the 800 number to correct your address.
Did I miss that he moved? Or are you saying, "(Only) use the 800 number to correct your address"?

~SG
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Did I miss that he moved? Or are you saying, "(Only) use the 800 number to correct your address"?

~SG
Hi:

Neither. OP asked a very specific question as per the caption of the post. I told her how to do it -- nothing more, nothing less. No need to read anything else into it.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:18 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Neither. OP asked a very specific question as per the caption of the post. I told her how to do it -- nothing more, nothing less. No need to read anything else into it.
Hi,
I am still confused. The reason I asked is I thought I might have given the OP bad advice regarding the InfoPass appt. ??

~SG
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I am still confused. The reason I asked is I thought I might have given the OP bad advice regarding the InfoPass appt. ??

~SG
SG, I read it as 'selecting the address change option will connect you with a CSR' which is what the thread title asks.

Your method seems more on target for achieving OP's actual real goal but MrF's answers the question in the post caption.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:33 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
SG, I read it as 'selecting the address change option will connect you with a CSR' which is what the thread title asks.

Your method seems more on target for achieving OP's actual real goal but MrF's answers the question in the post caption.
Correct its the easier way in to choose that option done it myself a few times
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:35 am
The Missus

Oh. I must have read the original post 40 times trying to find where he says he's moved!

~SG
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. I must have read the original post 40 times trying to find where he says he's moved!

~SG
You *are* clear now that OP has not moved?
But by pretending that he has, he might reach a CSR. Probably. According to Poppy! xxx
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:53 am
The Missus

You *are* clear now that OP has not moved?
But by pretending that he has, he might reach a CSR. Probably. According to Poppy! xxx
Yes. Completely clear, thank you m'am.

*mumbles* I still think he should make an InfoPass......

~SG
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:55 am
Just Joined

~SG
I think SG was the one to get my point. I didn't move. I wanted to connect to a CSR because I couldn't check the status through the phone system or online. So I wanted to talk to someone directly. Usually there would be some options for you to connect to a CSR in their phone system menu, but not today. I've tried all their seven options, and none had an option to connect to a CSR. I think they change the menu during holidays. (Didn't know today was a holiday!!)

SG - My district office is Chicago too. That's why I found your posts were very helpful. Did you have the interview in the Chicago office? My friend's interview and ceremony was in Springfield, Illinois although she was living about 45 mins from Chicago.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:59 am

*mumbles* I still think he should make an InfoPass......

~SG
duhr, so do I!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.