how to contact ambassador?

Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Question how to contact ambassador?

Hello All!

Me and my fiance have been waiting for FBI clearance for 3 1/2 months now, i tried contacting my congressman and he is not very helpfull in getting any response from FBI.... every one still keeps on telling me that additional admin processing is going on...
I have read on few posts over here about writing to senator and ambassador of us in my fiance's country (Pakistan), and finally i have decided to write to all of them (I am loosing my patience and hope as well... )
I did find out who is the ambassdor of pakistan thru the counsalate website, but it doesnt give me his/her contact info.... does anyone know where i can write to him? and who else will be helpful in contacting regarding this matter?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

sanna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to contact ambassador?

Don't know why you can't find it. Thought me 2 minutes:

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/wwwhcvsp.html

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hello All!

Me and my fiance have been waiting for FBI clearance for 3 1/2 months now, i tried contacting my congressman and he is not very helpfull in getting any response from FBI.... every one still keeps on telling me that additional admin processing is going on...
I have read on few posts over here about writing to senator and ambassador of us in my fiance's country (Pakistan), and finally i have decided to write to all of them (I am loosing my patience and hope as well... )
I did find out who is the ambassdor of pakistan thru the counsalate website, but it doesnt give me his/her contact info.... does anyone know where i can write to him? and who else will be helpful in contacting regarding this matter?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

sanna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
Don't know why you can't find it. Thought me 2 minutes:

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/wwwhcvsp.html
Thats is the general email address for inquiries, according to website Nancy Powell is current ambassador and Jill Sykes the acting consular... but there is not contact info given for those people?

email to general email address always gets me a very generic reply. and i was hoping if i can contact someone with a bit more detail info?

Thanks,

Sanna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thats is the general email address for inquiries, according to website Nancy Powell is current ambassador and Jill Sykes the acting consular... but there is not contact info given for those people?

email to general email address always gets me a very generic reply. and i was hoping if i can contact someone with a bit more detail info?

Thanks,

Sanna

Well since it is the US Embassy in Isalmbad, then the address as per the site is:

AMERICAN EMBASSY ISLAMABAD
Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5
Islamabad, Pakistan
Tel: (92) 51-2080-0000
Fax: (92) 51-2276427

Afraid I don't know what else you are looking for or what you think you will accomplish with a letter writing campaign. Yesterday someone posted about the backlog on FBI clearances and more importantly, if your fiancee's name has received a hit because of similarity to a terrorist or someone on the watch list, then the time involved to clear her might be a year or more.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Well since it is the US Embassy in Isalmbad, then the address as per the site is:

AMERICAN EMBASSY ISLAMABAD
Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5
Islamabad, Pakistan
Tel: (92) 51-2080-0000
Fax: (92) 51-2276427

Afraid I don't know what else you are looking for or what you think you will accomplish with a letter writing campaign. Yesterday someone posted about the backlog on FBI clearances and more importantly, if your fiancee's name has received a hit because of similarity to a terrorist or someone on the watch list, then the time involved to clear her might be a year or more.
Thanks Rete for the quick response!
I believe it is because he has a very common muslim name, and i know it can take more than a year, but a year is tooooooooooo long. at the moment the counslate keeps on saying that additional administrative processing is going on, and i am unable to get any specific details.....
Its easy to say for every body that it can take more than a year, but for me hearing it is a torture itself, every single time i hear it!!!

sanna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Its easy to say for every body that it can take more than a year, but for me hearing it is a torture itself, every single time i hear it!
While I understand your frustration, this is not torture! I hope you never find out what real torture is like!

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sanna,

I understand your frustration. My fiance's security check was held up at NVC for 4 months while everyone else I saw zipped right through there in 2 weeks. I felt like everyone was passing me by and continuing on with their lives while I was stuck calling NVC every Friday, only to hear the discouraging "security check is still being processed...we will notify you when it's complete". Fortunately, that was in 2003 when FBI responded quickly to inquiries....after 3 months, I checked with FBI and they said they had just finished his security check and that they sent the results to NVC. It took another whole month for NVC to get that in their system and send the file to Ankara.

So I do understand how you feel....but just know that there IS an end to it down the road somewhere. Have faith and patience.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Sanna,

I understand your frustration. My fiance's security check was held up at NVC for 4 months while everyone else I saw zipped right through there in 2 weeks. I felt like everyone was passing me by and continuing on with their lives while I was stuck calling NVC every Friday, only to hear the discouraging "security check is still being processed...we will notify you when it's complete". Fortunately, that was in 2003 when FBI responded quickly to inquiries....after 3 months, I checked with FBI and they said they had just finished his security check and that they sent the results to NVC. It took another whole month for NVC to get that in their system and send the file to Ankara.

So I do understand how you feel....but just know that there IS an end to it down the road somewhere. Have faith and patience.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene
It does feel like everyone is going on with their lives and I am stuck with this admin processing... very true!
it has been 3 1/2 months and i don't hear anything good from anywhere... yes FBI is so back logged, i still haven't received any reply from them.....
my congressman initated a request of results to fbi a month ago and he hasnt received any response either so far...

and at this point i just feel so helpless having no clue where my life is going right now.... so i was just looking for some way i can find out anything regarding this.

just want to say that I am very thankful for your encouraging words

Sanna
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:29 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene
It does feel like everyone is going on with their lives and I am stuck with this admin processing... very true!

Sanna
Hi Sanna~

My thoughts are with you! Can you arrange for anther visit to Pakistan? That might help ease the pain and pass some time.

Marnee
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Hi Sanna~

My thoughts are with you! Can you arrange for anther visit to Pakistan? That might help ease the pain and pass some time.

Marnee
I would love to, but i can't..... due to some cultural issues, my parents wont allow of it unless i am going for my wedding.
then the traditions in punjab, girl is not really suppose to meet openly with her fiance too much before wedding( thats what mine and his family agree on completely). I totally agree and respect these values.... and was looking forward to the wedding but this name check is driving me crazy....