How can I have a baby in the US ?

Old Jul 7th 2002, 4:20 pm
Prence

Default How can I have a baby in the US ?

We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We do
not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what is
absolutely necessary.

We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled extensively within the
US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business, even student) will not be
a problem.

Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that should be employed to do this. I am hoping
my child will have a secure future with a US citizenship in hand...

Help please... PRENCE

Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: How can I have a baby in the US ?

Prence wrote:
    > We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We
    > do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what
    > is absolutely necessary. We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled
    > extensively within the US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business, even
    > student) will not be a problem. Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that should
    > be employed to do this. I am hoping my child will have a secure future with a US
    > citizenship in hand...
    >
The other problem you will have is that you may not be able to travel when you are
that close to delivery. I'm sorry, but this is clearly fraudulent intent for entrance
into the US, and I don't care for the smell of it. US citizenship is not meant to be
a ticket for success, but for persons who reside in the US. You are blatantly
ignoring this, it appears. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Joe Thomas

Good for you Alvena! I agree, there has been too much of this already. Im not anti
immigration, in fact my wife is from Philippines ( You all have probably seen some of
my posts while i was getting her K1 visa ) but as long as its done " Legal "

"Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Prence wrote:
    > > We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We
    > > do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what
    > > is absolutely necessary. We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled
    > > extensively within the US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business,
    > > even student) will not be a problem. Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that
    > > should be employed to do this. I am hoping my child will have a secure future
    > > with a US citizenship in hand...
    > >
    > The other problem you will have is that you may not be able to travel when you are
    > that close to delivery. I'm sorry, but this is clearly fraudulent intent for
    > entrance into the US, and I don't care for the smell of it. US citizenship is not
    > meant to be a ticket for success, but for persons who reside in the US. You are
    > blatantly ignoring this, it
appears.
    > Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > =========================================
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Jul 7th 2002, 5:20 pm
Eileen

well, this is how I did it. first you have alot of sex. Then you push when the doctor
says push. I did it twice(gave birth, not sex)....two beautiful baby girls, now age
22 and 25. Eileen

Old Jul 7th 2002, 8:08 pm
vix
Forum Regular

vix is an unknown quantity at this point

If as you say getting any sort of visa for youself will not be a problem then why not do that instead of just going to the US to give birth.

What makes you think that your child will have a secure future with US citizenship anyway ..... actually , can anyone tell me if aquiring citizenship in the US is the same/similar as in the UK ......

1. A child born in the UK will be a British citizen if either the father or mother of the child is a British citizen.

2. A child born in the UK will be a British citizen if either the father or mother, though not a British citizen, is settled in the UK.

If the US has similar rules about obtaining citizenship then as you are not a US citizen and would not be settled but merely passing through , then any child you had would not become a USC.
Old Jul 7th 2002, 8:20 pm
Stocklover

LOL - made up question .....just want to make immigrants look bad.

"Prence" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We
    > do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what
    > is absolutely necessary.
    >
    > We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled extensively within the US
    > and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business, even student) will not be a
    > problem.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that should be employed to do this. I am
    > hoping my child will have a secure future with a US citizenship in hand...
    >
    > Help please... PRENCE

Old Jul 7th 2002, 8:20 pm
Claire Keller

Why should my taxes pay for you to have a baby in the USA then claim benefits when
your intent is to defraud the government of this country.

Old Jul 7th 2002, 9:20 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 08:38:05 -0700, Prence wrote:

> is absolutely necessary.
    >
    > We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled extensively within the US
    > and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business, even student) will not be a
    > problem.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that should be employed to do this. I am
    > hoping my child will have a secure future with a US citizenship in hand...

The Los Angeles Times had an article about this recently; apparently, it currently is
very popular with South Koreans, and there seem to be agencies specializing in
arranging such trips. It is not cheap because you will have to pay for all medical
care yourself. Other than that, the appropriate visa for this is a tourist visa,
contrary to what some people suggest, this is a valid tourist activity. That brings
up one problem, though: tourist visas are for a short time - if the new regulations
go in effect, for 30 days. Since you can't fly the last month of pregnancy, you
wouldn't have enough time. You can, of course, apply for an extension shortly before
your time expires. That should buy you enough time.

An even better approach is for the husband to get a longer-term visa to the US,
preferably even before she gets pregnant. In that case, there will be no question
about her being admitted and able to have the child in the US, and the husband's
health insurance may even cover it.

Also, many immigration inspectors may give you a hard time because you really are
bypassing immigration laws - albeit in a legit way.

Ingo

Old Jul 7th 2002, 10:20 pm
Ingo Pakleppa

On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 08:47:17 -0700, Alvena Ferreira wrote:

> Prence wrote:
    >> We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We
    >> do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what
    >> is absolutely necessary. We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled
    >> extensively within the US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business, even
    >> student) will not be a problem. Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that should
    >> be employed to do this. I am hoping my child will have a secure future with a US
    >> citizenship in hand...
    >>
    > The other problem you will have is that you may not be able to travel when you are
    > entrance into the US, and I don't care for the smell of it. US citizenship is not
    > meant to be a ticket for success, but for persons who reside in the US. You are
    > blatantly ignoring this, it appears. Alvena

You know, I would disagree with that. First, US citizenship is not meant for people
who reside in the US. There are many people who reside in the US and aren't US
citizens (yours truly, for instance). And there are many people who are US citizens
and don't reside in the US.

US citizenship merely indicates an attachment to the country - and they clearly
have this attachment, probably more so than the average "my grandparent was born
here" US citizen.

It doesn't matter whether US citizenship was meant to be a ticket for success -
because in the real world, that is exactly what it is. Even more so after Bush
started seriously trampling on the rights of non-citizens (in Guantanamo).

Ingo

Old Jul 7th 2002, 10:20 pm
Dhiraj Sood

Although I agree with Alvena from a personal point of view, having a child in the US
on a tourist visa is not illegal. Not yet anyways.

Please make sure that
a) you have the proper insurance coverage or about $10,000-12,000 in cash (or better
yet, both insurance and money),
b) get to the US by your 6th-7th month of pregnancy
c) rent a place to live for 4-5 months,
d) deliver the baby and live here for another month or so to get child's passport,
birth certificate, etc.

There is no law that prevents or disallows tourists from having babies here.

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Prence wrote:
    > > We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country. We
    > > do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond what
    > > is absolutely necessary. We are both non-US citizens but have previously traveled
    > > extensively within the US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist, business,
    > > even student) will not be a problem. Can anyone suggest the modus-operandi that
    > > should be employed to do this. I am hoping my child will have a secure future
    > > with a US citizenship in hand...
    > >
    > blatantly ignoring this, it
appears.
    > Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org

Old Jul 7th 2002, 11:20 pm
Dhiraj Sood

This is the dumbest crap I've ever read. How are someone's personal taxes paying for
someone else's child to be born in the US. They are responsible for their own
child's delivery.

Claire Keller <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:h41W8.261804$nZ3.121473@rwcrnsc53...
    > Why should my taxes pay for you to have a baby in the USA then claim benefits when
    > your intent is to defraud the government of this country.

Old Jul 7th 2002, 11:20 pm
Person

Dumbest crap you have ever heard? You obviously (from your screen name) are not
someone who has been a US citizen by birth. Let me enlighten you....Does this person
who wants to commit fraud going to come to a hospital in the US, put down about $3000
(or more) to deliver their baby and then walk away? I doubt it. The hospital will eat
the cost, bill Medicaid and then the money taken out of my pay check every 2 weeks
for Medicaid will pay for it. So if this is dumb, then you obviously do not have a
clue about what taxes are taken out of hard working people like me for fraudulent
acts like this.

"Dhiraj Sood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > This is the dumbest crap I've ever read. How are someone's personal taxes paying
    > for someone else's child to be born in the US. They are
responsible
    > for their own child's delivery.
    >
    >
    > Claire Keller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:h41W8.261804$nZ3.121473@rwcrnsc53...
    > > Why should my taxes pay for you to have a baby in the USA then claim benefits
    > > when your intent is to defraud the government of this country.
    > >
    >

Old Jul 8th 2002, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

pezeke is an unknown quantity at this point

some foreign health insurance does participate with US hospitals. So your cost can be less than you think. I have seen the bill when I had mine with some complications was 10,000$ but check and see what your insurance will pick up. On the back of the card or with a paper from wherever you acquired it ... it should state whether or not it can be used in US hospitals. Then call that number and ask what is coverage.
BTW Some US hospitals will not allow you to be admitted without money to cover cost or insurance. I had a family member run into that so he had to have the money first before they would admit him for appendicitis.
Old Jul 8th 2002, 12:20 am
Jan

let me get this straight .... anyone can have a baby in the USA and that baby is then
a USCitizen ? So if your on holiday from say UK and you have your baby in US what
happens if you dont want it to ba a USC ? Surely theres a question of residency here?
isnt that what immigration is all about ? confused Jan

Old Jul 8th 2002, 12:20 am
Marjeta

It may be hard to live where you come from and in life we are often unable to choose
where we live so in a way I understand your wish and wanting what is best for your
child. But I have to agree with Alvena. If everybody wanted to do that, imagine
millions of pregnant women flying to the US... Why should your child out of millions
of children, as a child of two, both non US citizens be privileged?

"JOE THOMAS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] igy.com>...
    > Good for you Alvena! I agree, there has been too much of this already. Im not anti
    > immigration, in fact my wife is from Philippines ( You all have probably seen some
    > of my posts while i was getting her K1 visa ) but as long as its done " Legal "
    >
    >
    >
    > "Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Prence wrote:
    > > > We would like to travel to USA, have a baby and come back to our home country.
    > > > We do not need to settle in the US or stay in the country for any period beyond
    > > > what is absolutely necessary. We are both non-US citizens but have previously
    > > > traveled extensively within the US and getting any sort of US visa (tourist,
    > > > business, even student) will not be a problem. Can anyone suggest the
    > > > modus-operandi that should be employed to do this. I am hoping my child will
    > > > have a secure future with a US citizenship in hand...
    > > >
    > > The other problem you will have is that you may not be able to travel when you
    > > are that close to delivery. I'm sorry, but this is clearly fraudulent intent for
    > > entrance into the US, and I don't care for the smell of it. US citizenship is not
    > > meant to be a ticket for success, but for persons who reside in the US. You are
    > > blatantly ignoring this, it
    > appears.
    > > Alvena

> > Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > > =========================================
    > > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal
    > > opinion, gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose
    > > of discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
    > > =========================================

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.