Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Houston INS changing or what??????????? My recent visit!!

Houston INS changing or what??????????? My recent visit!!

Old Mar 8th 2002, 6:05 am
M1ndhawk

Default Houston INS changing or what??????????? My recent visit!!

I went to Houston today to file for my I765 renewal. Got there at 7.45am started the
long wait for a number. The place wan't very full at all, even though it was EAD
issue day I waited for 50 mins in the line, then the line started disappearing! The
officer actually came along the line and GAVE us numbers!!! It was 8.40 when I got
mine and was seated. It was on B177 on the board, I was
B202.I work 10 mins away from the INS office and was at work by 9.25am That has got
to be the quickest time ever!!! And that is coming from someone who's previous
shortest time was 5 hrs, longest
7.5 hrs!!!!

I hope this is a good sign for the future, but I ain't holding my breath!!!

Steve

Old Mar 8th 2002, 12:05 pm
Tim

Default Re: Houston INS changing or what??????????? My recent visit!!

Did you have an appointment letter to go that day for your EAD renewal or did you
just show up there ? If you just showed up without an appointment letter, I'll be
really impressed.

Regards, Tim

[email protected] (M1ndhawk) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I went to Houston today to file for my I765 renewal. Got there at 7.45am started
    > the long wait for a number. The place wan't very full at all, even though it was
    > EAD issue day I waited for 50 mins in the line, then the line started disappearing!
    > The officer actually came along the line and GAVE us numbers!!! It was 8.40 when I
    > got mine and was seated. It was on B177 on the board, I was
    > B202.I work 10 mins away from the INS office and was at work by 9.25am That has got
    > to be the quickest time ever!!! And that is coming from someone who's previous
    > shortest time was 5 hrs, longest
    > 7.5 hrs!!!!
    >
    > I hope this is a good sign for the future, but I ain't holding my breath!!!
    >
    > Steve

Old Mar 14th 2002, 1:35 am
Steve Millward

Like I said I was only FILING for mny renewal. Last year when I came here on a K1,
the 3 months EAD on the visa was almost up and they sorted me out in less than 2 hrs.
No appointment or anything. If you are legit and not another mexican trying it on,
they are OK!

Old Mar 14th 2002, 1:35 am
Phil & Susana

I am Mexican, I went through the AOS without any problem and arranged everything in 3
hours, do you think that you have any additional privilege for not being
Mexican??????? It seems to be that you have problems with Mexicans. "Steve Millward"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Like I said I was only FILING for mny renewal. Last year when I came here on a K1,
    > the 3 months EAD on the visa was
almost up
    > and they sorted me out in less than 2 hrs. No appointment or anything. If you are
    > legit and not another mexican trying it on, they are OK!

Old Mar 14th 2002, 2:05 am
Mrs Blackross

i think he meant, or at least i read it as meaning... "not another mexican trying it
on" = an illegal mexican trying to scam his/her way into being legit

"Phil & Susana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am Mexican, I went through the AOS without any problem and arranged everything in
    > 3 hours, do you think that you have any additional privilege for not being
    > Mexican??????? It seems to be that you have problems with Mexicans. "Steve
    > Millward" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Like I said I was only FILING for mny renewal. Last year when I came here on a
    > > K1, the 3 months EAD on the visa was
    > almost up
    > > and they sorted me out in less than 2 hrs. No appointment or anything. If you are
    > > legit and not another mexican trying it on, they are OK!
    >

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:35 am
Whit

Yes, give them a break. I doubt anyone in here needs to walk on egg shells. This
group is the least likely to be predjudiced against Mexican Nationals.

All of us have foreign spouses...

Chill and absorb the information presented.

My opinion.

Whit