Hi Again!!! Yet another hurdle!!!

Old Jun 5th 2005, 12:08 pm

AmberNickVN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Again!!! Yet another hurdle!!!

I know this isn't a marriaged based question but this board gets more hits than the other and there's some very helpful people on here so here goes!

Again, my wife is due to give birth to our first child in July and I'm supposed to visit at the end of this month.

My parents are due to come over just after the due date to see the baby BUT there's a problem with my father.

About 6 weeks ago my father was wrongfully arrested for armed robbery....basically it was a case of mistaken identity because my father and his cousin share the same name and the police had my fathers birthdate instead of his cousins when they went to arrest his cousin.....long story!!!

ANYWAYS! my father was charged (wrongfully) with the robbery but he has not been convicted of anything and he's not even heard from the police since the arrest. He's now worrying that he won't be able to get to come see the baby in mid july because of this.

Does anyone know what the laws/rules are on VWP and being charged with a crime? Is it only if you've been found guilty that you aren't allowed in ? HELP!!!!

Thanks yet again,
The younglin' of the board,
Nick.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 2:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Again!!! Yet another hurdle!!!

Originally Posted by AmberNickVN
I know this isn't a marriaged based question but this board gets more hits than the other and there's some very helpful people on here so here goes!

Again, my wife is due to give birth to our first child in July and I'm supposed to visit at the end of this month.

My parents are due to come over just after the due date to see the baby BUT there's a problem with my father.

About 6 weeks ago my father was wrongfully arrested for armed robbery....basically it was a case of mistaken identity because my father and his cousin share the same name and the police had my fathers birthdate instead of his cousins when they went to arrest his cousin.....long story!!!

ANYWAYS! my father was charged (wrongfully) with the robbery but he has not been convicted of anything and he's not even heard from the police since the arrest. He's now worrying that he won't be able to get to come see the baby in mid july because of this.

Does anyone know what the laws/rules are on VWP and being charged with a crime? Is it only if you've been found guilty that you aren't allowed in ? HELP!!!!

Thanks yet again,
Nick.
The form asked if you have ever been arrested OR convicted of a CIMT

Old Jun 5th 2005, 3:00 pm
Guest21

Default Re: Hi Again!!! Yet another hurdle!!!

Originally Posted by AmberNickVN

Thanks yet again,
Nick.
Get him to have a letter made up and stamped or letter headed explaining the situation to show at POA incase they ask him at least he will have back up and I don't think anyone could give you the answer until he gets here.
Thats up to the Officer at POA..
Good Luck.
He was not charged so I think you would be ok.