Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

hey! my gurl say that a ESTA tourist visa to usa is free

hey! my gurl say that a ESTA tourist visa to usa is free

Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

born_and_bred_in_london is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey! my gurl say that a ESTA tourist visa to usa is free

Anyone got any info on this? ... I have a link, but its not 'free'.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:16 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hey! my gurl say that a ESTA tourist visa to usa is free

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.h...6-AB4B23467C7F
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by born_and_bred_in_london
Anyone got any info on this? ... I have a link, but its not 'free'.

Well then you have to ask your partner to explain why she gave you a link that makes you pay for the ESTA.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683554
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Im not Moving toCorpus Christi until February.. when is the best time to apply for a visa??
Thanks for replying everyone!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You're not 'moving' anywhere if you go on the Visa Waiver Program (which, as the name implies, isn't a visa) - you can only stay for up to 90 days in the US. Best to leave a few days short of the 90 days just in case of any delays getting back to the UK.

Whatever you do, don't overstay the time allowed under the VWP unless you fancy being banned from the US.

And best to apply for ESTA before mid September, as I believe a fee is going to be introduced sometime around then.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You're not 'moving' anywhere if you go on the Visa Waiver Program (which, as the name implies, isn't a visa) - you can only stay for up to 90 days in the US. Best to leave a few days short of the 90 days just in case of any delays getting back to the UK.

Whatever you do, don't overstay the time allowed under the VWP unless you fancy being banned from the US.

And best to apply for ESTA before mid September, as I believe a fee is going to be introduced sometime around then.
I'm wondering if its not a troll.....
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Here you say you intend to come over on the VWP and then find a way of staying.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I'm wondering if its not a troll.....
Hadn't read the other thread when I replied, but have now and can see what you mean.

Or perhaps she really is just that daft?!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Or perhaps she really is just that daft?!
Either way.....
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG

Here you say you intend to come over on the VWP and then find a way of staying.
Born and Bred,

It is illegal to come to the USA as a visitor with the intent to remain and adjust status to permanent resident. I wouldn't do that if I were you.

If you're looking for the appropriate visa to MOVE to the USA permanently, we'll need to know more. We can't tell you when the best time to apply for a visa is, without knowing which visa you qualify for!

If your intent is to come and marry your girlfriend and then stay in the USA after marriage, you'll need to research the K-1 fiance visa. We have a Wiki Guide here on that topic.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really nice

A 14 USD fee for applying for the ESTA will be in effect as from September
8th 2010. Up till that date an ESTA application can be made free of charge and, if approved, will be valid for two years from the date of approval.
ESTA is required for you to board an aircraft bound for the USA, but it´s still up to the CBP agents at the Port of Entry to decide whether to admit you or not.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Born and Bred,

It is illegal to come to the USA as a visitor with the intent to remain and adjust status to permanent resident. I wouldn't do that if I were you.

If you're looking for the appropriate visa to MOVE to the USA permanently, we'll need to know more. We can't tell you when the best time to apply for a visa is, without knowing which visa you qualify for!

If your intent is to come and marry your girlfriend and then stay in the USA after marriage, you'll need to research the K-1 fiance visa. We have a Wiki Guide here on that topic.

Rene
Looks like they are both female...so marriage doesn't look like a route to the US.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Looks like they are both female...so marriage doesn't look like a route to the US.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Firstly.. I am not a Lesbien! Secondly.. It does state in the thread by the moderator not to be rude or abusive to peoples questions.. so calling me daft or stupid is not appreciated.
Thanks for your help.. No i dont intend to 'Illegally' stay, I was asking that once im over there on my Tourist visa, Would it be possible to then apply for my stay whilst over there.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:00 am
Just Joined

DUH.. I just read the rest of the threads.. ok, I cant come as a visitor then intend to get a permanent stay.. i get it now.
I gotta wait for my mans divorce to go through before i even consider coming over on a fiance or marriage visa. So thats not an option for me right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.