Help would be appreciated!

Old Nov 5th 2018, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

BE004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help would be appreciated!

I may be repeating what others have said but marriage or getting a work visa through mass applying could be your only options but I'm not an expert im actually here because I'm wondering the same question but sorry that I can really give you expert advice
Old Nov 5th 2018, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesrmorgan01
I may be repeating what others have said but marriage or getting a work visa through mass applying could be your only options but I'm not an expert im actually here because I'm wondering the same question but sorry that I can really give you expert advice
I realise you are new to our forums...so let me lay out a few ground rules.

The Immigration Forums are not for general discussions. They are for helping people who need assistance with US visas and Citizenship. Please do not attempt to help if you are not absolutely sure you are giving correct advice. If you wish to discuss a topic please open a thread in the Main US forum or the Trailer Park Forum.

I suggest for the time being you refrain from posting in the Immigration forums.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 7:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by becks_9320

I'm all for sarcasm, but right now I'd appreciate actual advice, as this is my life. Cheers!
I'm sorry that a new member has spoken to you in that way. Here on the Immigration forums we like to keep to the topic . We help & direct best we can & above all we keep it legal

The person in question had no experience or knowledge to share & seemed to wish to denigrate for reasons unknown. That person has now chosen to leave the BE building of their own accord .

regards
BEVS
Old Nov 6th 2018, 6:33 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_9320
No, I do not speak Spanish.
To add some context for other folks reading this thread... Seeking teachers from Spain is kind of obvious because NM has a lot of bilingual education and good bilingual teachers are hard to come by. The flaw in this argument is that New Mexican Spanish has many dialects, but is generally a curious blend of 16th/17th century Spanish with additional vocabulary drawn from modern English, Native American languages, and some other languages from Mexico. The consequence being that someone from Spain can have an incredibly hard time being understood here. (For example, my neighbor always talks about driving cars as in driving oxen.) As for the Philippines - Supposedly it represents a pool of people who can generally speak English but may be strongly economically motivated to move here. Starting salary for a teacher here is ~$35k. A school district is probably not going to try real hard to recruit Brits to that kind of pay, but if a Brit felt that was OK and went after it, who knows?
Old Nov 6th 2018, 9:18 am
Just Joined

becks_9320 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm sorry that a new member has spoken to you in that way. Here on the Immigration forums we like to keep to the topic . We help & direct best we can & above all we keep it legal

The person in question had no experience or knowledge to share & seemed to wish to denigrate for reasons unknown. That person has now chosen to leave the BE building of their own accord .

regards
BEVS
BEVS, it is not your fault, but thank you.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 9:19 am
Just Joined

becks_9320 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
To add some context for other folks reading this thread... Seeking teachers from Spain is kind of obvious because NM has a lot of bilingual education and good bilingual teachers are hard to come by. The flaw in this argument is that New Mexican Spanish has many dialects, but is generally a curious blend of 16th/17th century Spanish with additional vocabulary drawn from modern English, Native American languages, and some other languages from Mexico. The consequence being that someone from Spain can have an incredibly hard time being understood here. (For example, my neighbor always talks about driving cars as in driving oxen.) As for the Philippines - Supposedly it represents a pool of people who can generally speak English but may be strongly economically motivated to move here. Starting salary for a teacher here is ~$35k. A school district is probably not going to try real hard to recruit Brits to that kind of pay, but if a Brit felt that was OK and went after it, who knows?
We all have to start somewhere.