Help with US visa

Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

jamesshill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with US visa

Hi

I have just arrived in DC from Bermuda. i came to the US on a 3 month visitors visa (visa weiver) it turns out that i am unable to work during these next 3 months.

Can anyody give me a few pointers as to how i can upgrade my visa?

Previously been working as a Project Manager for a construction company. however whilst in the US i would like to travel around and see the country so is there a visa that will allow me to work casual jobs and if so am i required to leave the country before i am eligable for this?

If i do need to leave the country, is it necessary for me to return to the UK to apply?

thanks

James
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with US visa

Originally Posted by jamesshill
You can't.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Previously been working as a Project Manager for a construction company. however whilst in the US i would like to travel around and see the country so is there a visa that will allow me to work casual jobs and if so am i required to leave the country before i am eligable for this?
You can travel around freely for up to 90 days (NOT three months) on the Visa Waiver. There is no visa that will allow you to work at casual jobs while visiting.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have just arrived in DC from Bermuda. i came to the US on a 3 month visitors visa (visa weiver) it turns out that i am unable to work during these next 3 months.

If i do need to leave the country, is it necessary for me to return to the UK to apply?

thanks

James
Hi:

Upgrade WHAT visa? You don't say. Under the visa waiver, you have to leave in the 90 day period. You indicate that you now want to be able to return after your current stay with ability to work with an appropriate visa. But you give nowhere near enough facts to evaluate your case.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You entered the US on a Visa Waiver... you don't have a visa, so there is no way to "upgrade" it.

... so is there a visa that will allow me to work casual jobs...
No, there isn't.

Ian
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:53 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

it turns out that i am unable to work during these next 3 months.
shocker eh?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have Bermudian status? If so you don't have to use the VWP (but you still won't be able to work without an appropriate visa).
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

i came to the US on a 3 month visitors visa (visa weiver) it turns out that i am unable to work during these next 3 months.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/waiver