Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Wikiposts

Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Originally Posted by jancox
Green card holder with the right to live and work in the USA. This expired 01, however the us embassy have told him to get a flight out - come back, say he has lost his docs, they will give him a letter of transportation and he can replace his documents. He has his social security number and he did renew his drivers licence last year whilst we were in florida.
The consulate told you to commit Immigration fraud ....
of course they did ...
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Green card holder with the right to live and work in the USA. This expired 01, however the us embassy have told him to get a flight out - come back, say he has lost his docs, they will give him a letter of transportation and he can replace his documents. He has his social security number and he did renew his drivers licence last year whilst we were in florida.
Apply some common sense to it... If the title on the card says 'Permanent Resident' which part of that applies to someone who has not lived in the US for 7 years?
That's no way for you to immigrate to the US. In fact, even if it were, it would do nothing for getting you, the kids and the dogs here.

How long did he get on his driver's license renewal?
You didn't say that he's entered the US as a visitor since abandoning his PR status.. another nail in that coffin (did he tell 'the Embassy' that?). Just for clarification, how did he contact 'the Embassy'? Because the pay to call number doesn't go to US immigration/Embassy workers..
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy, I smell a rat, come on, own up, which one of our regulars is pulling our leg?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:00 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Oh boy, I smell a rat, come on, own up, which one of our regulars is pulling our leg?
I agree. Someone's bored and trolling.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Please consider that this is a real person at the other end of the line.

Even if the person is not legit, answers will benefit many readers later on.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

brueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please consider that this is a real person at the other end of the line.

Even if the person is not legit, answers will benefit many readers later on.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to help or guide this lady. But what I will ask is that we please listen to meauxna and take on board her advice and help as best as we can.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:52 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brueyh1976
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to help or guide this lady. But what I will ask is that we please listen to meauxna and take on board her advice and help as best as we can.
I do help, newbie. I help when the questions are valid, and when the person needing help listens to feedback and responds to it.

In this case, there's partial, incorrect and nonsensical information in the posts. Once you've been here for more than a few days, you'll see that these same questions are asked hundreds of times per month. When they really want and need advice and help, the threads are extremely useful and positive. When they just post bullshit and then reject responses that they don't want to hear, the result is rather more negative.

But thanks for your input. I value it immensely. Perhaps you can find some other threads where we all need reminding to play nice?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:15 am
Just Joined

jancox is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Im real, was a real questions, however, I now leave this forum. Iv always responded however the answer may have come across, however now that you are all bickering Im off to find some real people who can answer my questions. some of you really !!!!! are unusual people, who come across as arrogant and rude which is a shame, as its says British ex pats ! well Im glad my neighbours and my friends are like you lot... Blimey ! cya .. you are free now to offend elsewhere.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Really wot is wrong with you?? snipped
So I take it you don't what the name of a good Immigration Lawyer ...

Last edited by Rete; Jul 6th 2008 at 11:00 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Really wot is wrong with you?? are you a 4 foot tall little man with a chip !!! or are you inadequate in other areas ??? really... Mate !! in all honesty you are a complete &&&ker !!! Iv a mind to really slate you, but I wont, because Im not as stupid as you !! had you ever said one nice thing, then hey !! OK, but your a /............... well not going their, hope you have a PLEASANT evening .. My eldest boy is a policeman and you know what, he just laughed at this, and said MUM leave it, hes a MUPPETT
The first reply - post two - answered your question.

Edit. It's very poor forum etiquette to be so rude to posters, especially long-term posters who have incredible knowledge. Furthermore, in the interests of full disclosure, I wouldn't have the right to live and work in the USA had it not been for the wonderful, accurate guidance of posters on this forum. Including Ray.

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Jul 6th 2008 at 7:56 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

brueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Help Im a newbie and Im confused reImmigration

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I do help, newbie. I help when the questions are valid, and when the person needing help listens to feedback and responds to it.
I'm not saying that you don't help people. I've seen for myself the help that you've given to people and will hopefully give to me if I should ever need it.

I may have been only been here for a few days, but what gets me is the bitchiness that goes on here. I've seen it on other forums that I go to and there really is no need for it.

Unfortunately some people don't listen or respond to the advice that they are given. I value your words and have taken on board what you've said.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:44 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by brueyh1976
I'm not saying that you don't help people. I've seen for myself the help that you've given to people and will hopefully give to me if I should ever need it.

I may have been only been here for a few days, but what gets me is the bitchiness that goes on here. I've seen it on other forums that I go to and there really is no need for it.

Unfortunately some people don't listen or respond to the advice that they are given. I value your words and have taken on board what you've said.
There's plenty of "bitchiness" here, but most of it really is pretty lighthearted, and often pretty damned funny. It's also aimed, 99% of the time, at people who fully deserve it. If someone can't use Google before asking inane, open-ended questions about a totally life-changing event like emigrating, there's no real hope for them. We just point that out. Often rather bluntly.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:47 am
Arrogant ****

Whoa! Rete really did her thing on this thread, didn't she!

Good Mods are predictable and even-handed in their policing, moderation and censoring of threads. Anyone seen one... ?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:49 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Anyone seen one... ?
well don't look at me.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:03 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Manc
well don't look at me.
But then after I posted yet another jab at Rete, I got to thinking how I could never do a Mod job on these boards.

It must be even more difficult to keep things objective if you're not a Brit. I know that if I had to mod a board full of whingeing Yanks (and they do whine, even if they're not world-class like the Brits) I wouldn't last two days.

I think that Rete takes some threads rather personally, but she's only human... I presume.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.