Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
How did practice go last night?
I car pooled.. so didn't even have to get out of the car.. another meeting tonite though.. I'll just be super nice (with a little sarcasm thrown in)
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:01 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
I car pooled.. so didn't even have to get out of the car.. another meeting tonite though.. I'll just be super nice (with a little sarcasm thrown in)
good for you, hope it goes well. did you get my FB message?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
good for you, hope it goes well. did you get my FB message?
Erm.. no I don't think so.. was it a PM or on my wall?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got it..
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Well done girl.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:44 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Sambapink, I think that you have to be really carefull here; like the other posters have said, its your daughter who will get it in the neck if you piss the coach of.
At the moment, the coach holds all the cards where this situation is concerned; she knows all the other mums and because the other mums don't really know you that well, she has their allegiance and support unconditionally. When they, (the other mums), look at you; because they don't know you, they probably apply all the stero - types that they think fit a British person, ie, stiff upper lip; reserved, cold emotionally, perfect command of the English language therefore smarter, culturally superior etc etc. All this makes them feel inferior and unconfident around you. They can probably sense that the coach doesn't like you.
I think that what you probably need to do is to get friendly with the other mums and get them on your side. I know that this idea will probably make you cringe but without them on your side you can't have a dig at the coach without any repercussions to your daughter. Just smile a lot and participate in the drivel that they call conversation through gritted teeth.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as the saying goes
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think things have taken a turn anyway.. She was extra nice to me last night. Just got to stand up for myself when I think she's being rude.

These people aren't ever going to be friends of mine.. so not really worth getting worked up about
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I think things have taken a turn anyway.. She was extra nice to me last night. Just got to stand up for myself when I think she's being rude.

These people aren't ever going to be friends of mine.. so not really worth getting worked up about
As my dear old Dad would say-"Watch 'em."
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cindyabs
As my dear old Dad would say-"Watch 'em."
Oh I will Cindy..
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

exactly, nothing lasts forever.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:01 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Sambapink, does your daughter ever say anything about your relationship / or lack of - with the coach and the other mums?. Has she even noticed that there is some friction?. If she hasn't then there is nothing to worry about. But if she says that the other girls have been commenting, then you know that you daughter may be hearing some negative stuff. I'm not saying be best buddies with them, bloody hell no! - i'm just saying for your daughters sake try not to be the ,"billy no mates" of the group - I just love that phrase
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Sambapink, does your daughter ever say anything about your relationship / or lack of - with the coach and the other mums?. Has she even noticed that there is some friction?. If she hasn't then there is nothing to worry about. But if she says that the other girls have been commenting, then you know that you daughter may be hearing some negative stuff. I'm not saying be best buddies with them, bloody hell no! - i'm just saying for your daughters sake try not to be the ,"billy no mates" of the group - I just love that phrase
Appreciate your thoughts.. This is really just to do with my feelings about the coach and how i'm finding the other cheer mums. Its not something i'm going to lose sleep over. My initial post was really just a rant about it.. The SoCal culture is something I think alot have struggled with. There is a certain breed of people here that I think alot of people find quite bizarre really! This isn't about alienating myself, or putting my daughter in a difficult situation with her peers.. it was just a rant about someone very rude and my experiance being 'involved' in an activity that is part of the society I now live... and trying to deal with their 'personalities'
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate your thoughts.. This is really just to do with my feelings about the coach and how i'm finding the other cheer mums. Its not something i'm going to lose sleep over. My initial post was really just a rant about it.. The SoCal culture is something I think alot have struggled with. There is a certain breed of people here that I think alot of people find quite bizarre really! This isn't about alienating myself, or putting my daughter in a difficult situation with her peers.. it was just a rant about someone very rude and my experiance being 'involved' in an activity that is part of the society I now live... and trying to deal with their 'personalities'
Billy no-mates.....brilliant
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:32 pm
Thought is free.

Yeah, I understand - and you are right, its not worth loosing sleep over.
you could always do what psychologists say you should do when someone winds you up; imagine her naked and then laugh hysterically in her face

btw - I wasn't implying that you had no friends when I said don't let them make you a billy no mates. I meant don't let them alienate you
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Yeah, I understand - and you are right, its not worth loosing sleep over.
you could always do what psychologists say you should do when someone winds you up; imagine her naked and then laugh hysterically in her face

btw - I wasn't implying that you had no friends when I said don't let them make you a billy no mates. I meant don't let them alienate you
- No I didn't take it what way.. When I need friends like that then I know i'm in deep trouble.. I'll stick with the lovely ones I've got!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.