Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Originally Posted by sambapink
I know I am not the most complimentary person when it somes to cheerleading - and i'm trying my hardest to appreciate the 'art' of it..
Yes..the 'art'...then I will know I have integrated.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Just quietly whisper in her shell like:
Do you hear voices telling you to kill people!! Like I do ...
Yeah well, I'll see what happens tonight at practice.

Thanks for all your replies.. appreciated. Hopefully its highlighted one of the cultural differences we have to contend with when moving here.. and maybe someone else might gain some insight into it. OR, maybe not.. maybe others choose to read my post completely differently.. whatever.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:21 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

They take it so seriously they think it should be in the farkin Olympics.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:22 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing something like this.,..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:25 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I'm seeing something like this.,..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nbgK8fNpZJE
The one on the right is SP right?! I could tell by the butch short hairstyle
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:45 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Most people LOVE my English accent, I do get a few funny looks sometimes, but when people are "gushing" on how pretty my accent is, they often say that the accent sounds so intelligent, and cultured, and proper and refined.... maybe those assumed qualities can be off putting for some people and they make snap judgments about who you (we?) are just by the stereotype of the voice.

I had someone meet me for the first time and asked about my accent and say that "she's always found english people cold", when I asked how many she met, she explained that I was the first.... hummmpphhhh
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:48 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Yeah well, I'll see what happens tonight at practice.

Thanks for all your replies.. appreciated. Hopefully its highlighted one of the cultural differences we have to contend with when moving here.. and maybe someone else might gain some insight into it. OR, maybe not.. maybe others choose to read my post completely differently.. whatever.
Good luck tonight. Just get through it and have a big glass of wine when you get home.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It may not be important to you and I but it's the be all and end all to some of the parents and kids.
Thats so true.......jim has deal with parents every day coaching hockey

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Do not mess with a coach...they are second only to God.
Please dear god dont let jim hear you say that.....

Im just curious sama - and Im not being judgemental at all because Im a hockey mom, but is there a reason that you dont sit with the other parents at practices and games?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:06 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
My wife was a cheerleader in her school days. She was and is none of the above!
As always tar everybody with the same brush.

Samba P - Good luck with dealing with your situ.
She married you, so she must be
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Thats so true.......jim has deal with parents every day coaching hockey

Please dear god dont let jim hear you say that.....

Im just curious sama - and Im not being judgemental at all because Im a hockey mom, but is there a reason that you dont sit with the other parents at practices and games?

Nope.. I have sat with them at games.. just don't get involved in there chit chat is all.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

I could not be around that type of woman for too long, congrats on not making the news for killing one!

I think they are a little in awe of you, that perception that no matter the accent English people are posh. Engage a few, tell them there is nothing like this in the UK, they will probably enjoy explaining things to you then.

I have found that going off on them as you would someone in the UK can be a waste of time, they are too shallow to respond.

The sad truth is that many of them are there to live through their daughters because they never made the team themselves. Reading this I'm almost glad all I had to deal with was young navy wives when I first came over here.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Get the 'black 'on her somehow, everyones got a skeleton in the closet/cupboard etc ! ...failing that if she's never met your hubby get him to go to practise and start flirting with her in a way, just enough for it to be noticed, then confront her about the 'affair'. That should shut her up
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:42 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to say "happy slap the beatch"..but we know thats not acceptable as she'll just turn round and sue you and fire your daughter from the squad..which totally blows..

but as some have already said if you confront her..its your daughter that would get the brunt of her anger..but that shouldn't stop you from making sarcastic remarks that would go over her head..like calling her names that no-body understands (Bint comes to mind and slapper or scrubber) anyhoo..

do the "I'm sorry you don't understand me...maybe I should talk more slowly"..I always like to say this and most of the time... they don't even realise I'm being a sarcastic cow..

I feel for you I really do I thought the PTA moms were bad enough but this Cheerleading Coach seems like a whole other class..
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:45 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to read all the replys so if someone has already posted this sorry.

I would have it out with the Bitch to her face one on one and ask her what her problem is with you!!
If she denies there is one then tell her you look forward to less sarky comments and a more professional attitude, and that you also would appreciate as she is in a position of standing and a roll model to the others that you will expect to see no display of any prejudice to your daughter.... that will get her, the word prejudice normally gives them a good kick up the arse.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Not going to read all the replys so if someone has already posted this sorry.

I would have it out with the Bitch to her face one on one and ask her what her problem is with you!!
If she denies there is one then tell her you look forward to less sarky comments and a more professional attitude, and that you also would appreciate as she is in a position of standing and a roll model to the others that you will expect to see no display of any prejudice to your daughter.... that will get her, the word prejudice normally gives them a good kick up the arse.
Agreed they dont like the word Prejudice as I myself have had to bring it up a few time's in the working environment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.