Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It may not be important to you and I but it's the be all and end all to some of the parents and kids.
Agreed JG.. Look some of these girls are super talented.. their gymnastic skills are excellent. If my daughter enjoys it and wants to expand into 'tumbling' and improve herself and do more competitions then good for her.. i'll be there cheering her on. I think kids should do sports.. i think sport teaches kids so many things about participation, team work, discipline etc etc.. I love to see my kids being involved in sports. Never, ever in all the sports my kids did back home.. did I ever encounter anything like this.. Parents need to stop living through their kids..IMO..
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

WAIT!!! I wasn't meaning to class Cheerleading as a sport!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Truthfully, I hate the entire thing. Cheerleading is right up there with beauty pageants, IMO.

I don't know how long you've been in the states but for the sake of argument - just try to remember how hard it is for kids to make new friends in new environments. Actually it is a hellish existence to be an outsider in high school in America. If your daughter likes cheerleading and is good at it - maybe you could just overlook all of the BS for her sake? Cheerleading will make her popular and can help her academically as well (scholarships, athletics, connections etc). I definitely wouldn't go to the extreme of feeding the beast by becoming a "cheerleader mom" .... but just remember that anything you do could be used against her. It's an evil and vindictive bitch-faced environment but as long as you are going to let her do it - you really have to play nice with the other mom's/coaches/etc. Sorry. I know it would be much more fun to stab the woman in the face but she'd just come back stronger and meaner.

Cheers Leslie.. everything you've said is right on... And having experianced my first competiton a few weeks back, Beauty Pagent definately sprang to mind.. sadly..

I can suck it up for as long as my daughter wants to continue.. however, I have a duty to use one of Trixie's put downs.. It really would be rude not too!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Nah, this is someone's life, no matter how repugnant and undeserving that person is. Best advice, take the high road. Best revenge is to live well.
It'll drive her batty...

Mudkip.
pun intended or not there?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Cheers Leslie.. everything you've said is right on... And having experianced my first competiton a few weeks back, Beauty Pagent definately sprang to mind.. sadly..

I can suck it up for as long as my daughter wants to continue.. however, I have a duty to use one of Trixie's put downs.. It really would be rude not too!!
I wouldn't do that...take the higher ground if your daughter wants to continue in the squad. You'll very rarely win a square off with the coach. Just my opinion.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't do that...take the higher ground if your daughter wants to continue in the squad. You'll very rarely win a square off with the coach. Just my opinion.
That's good advice. If you want to support your daughter's participation, you're just going to have to deal with it, unfortunately.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. The daughter will be the one to pay for it.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Samba ...Trixie wasn't dealing with a coach...this is an entirely different animal.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:13 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be of service

Just have one or 2 phrases that you can fall back on, so when you're seething, that you have something to say that's polite but to the point rather than floundering, losing your temper and saying something that will make it worse.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any "normal" ones among the Mums? Is it because you're British that the coach is singleing you out, or are there other Mums she does this to as well? Would your daughter be very disapointed if she was not on the Cheerleading team? I'm just saying that when we came across here DS was 11 and he was turned down for a trip to Canada that he had signed up for in plenty time. The teacher that was to take them seemed to have a dislike of DS. Don't know why as he was very shy and quiet and didn't cause problems, but I got the impression from talking to the teacher that it was because he was "foreign" and they had to have an American passport. What a crock of s**t. I hope you come up with some good put downs for the coach.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
First of all, it's cheerleaders - or more importantly, cheerleaders' mothers.
Some of the most vapid, shallow, vacant, cliquish, immature, jealous, insecure people to have ever existed.

What do you expect? If you lie down with dogs...
My wife was a cheerleader in her school days. She was and is none of the above!
As always tar everybody with the same brush.

Samba P - Good luck with dealing with your situ.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

WAIT!!! I wasn't meaning to class Cheerleading as a sport!!
thank gawd for that
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

The scariest thing about that is... I absolutely wouldn't put it past some of these mums.. I know I am not the most complimentary person when it somes to cheerleading - and i'm trying my hardest to appreciate the 'art' of it.. but truely, truely.. it just ain't that important!!
nahh forget it, don't let any of them get to you as they are doing, can't let them win that easily.......just be oh so sweet and show them you are the perfect English lady that I'm sure you are and keep smiling
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:40 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nahh forget it, don't let any of them get to you as they are doing, can't let them win that easily.......just be oh so sweet and show them you are the perfect English lady that I'm sure you are and keep smiling
agreed, take the friends close and enemies closer approach, try not to let them see that they get to you, and even more important, dont actually let them get to you. stuff them, this is probably the highlight of their lives, living vicariously through their daughters and they probably dont have enough going on in their lives that they have to behave that way!

take comfort, you have a MUCH better attitude than them, do what you have to, leave and open a bottle of wine. Can you stay in another hotel????
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just quietly whisper in her shell like:
Do you hear voices telling you to kill people!! Like I do ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.