Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! - I don't want to have to hurt someone..

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You think "dance Moms" are any different? It's not the activity, it's the parent(s).
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't know! I was not a cheerleader or on the dance team <perish the thought!> so have no clue about the mothers, but I can imagine. Preferably, my future daughter's would enjoy sports, or the indoor activities (like Chess or Math club) over cheerleading or dance. I'd be one of those mothers looking down my nose at the cheer moms, because having my daughter wear the quarterback's letter jacket is just not my goal in life.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't know! I was not a cheerleader or on the dance team <perish the thought!> so have no clue about the mothers, but I can imagine. Preferably, my future daughter's would enjoy sports, or the indoor activities (like Chess or Math club) over cheerleading or dance. I'd be one of those mothers looking down my nose at the cheer moms, because having my daughter wear the quarterback's letter jacket is just not my goal in life.
Seems to me any activity involving kids that has the mum's gathered in a herd produces this nasty queen bee behavior from High School.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Great idea! Could I borrow that? I also want my daughter to have boyfriends that have no idea what to do with a girl! She plays soccer now which is allright, but I was hoping for softball. Then I wouldn't have to worry about boys at all.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
Seems to me any activity involving kids that has the mum's gathered in a herd produces this nasty queen bee behavior from High School.
Math club Moms? Christ... The horror...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! Could I borrow that? I also want my daughter to have boyfriends that have no idea what to do with a girl! She plays soccer now which is allright, but I was hoping for softball. Then I wouldn't have to worry about boys at all.
Girls that play soccer intimidate the boys! My stepdaughter (12) plays on a U14 coed team and they are all scared to death of her.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:33 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. It is not the activity, it's the parents.

My youngest is a girl scout and the other Troop mothers are really horrible.
I volunteer for everything, join in with everything but am still completely and snottily excluded from nearly everything they do.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jumping doris

My youngest is a girl scout and the other Troop mothers are really horrible.
I volunteer for everything, join in with everything but am still completely and snottily excluded from nearly everything they do.
why
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:46 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Girls that play soccer intimidate the boys! My stepdaughter (12) plays on a U14 coed team and they are all scared to death of her.
Funny you should say that... My daughter's (Indoor) team started as a U8 all girls team but there weren't enough all girl teams to play a schedule so they just joined as a coed U8 team. Their first game was against a team that happened to be all boys (Our only boy was keeper) and our girls won 6-0. More than the score, I was struck by how agressive and fearless the girls were. There were boys lying all over the place.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:47 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
why
No idea. There are a couple who are the worst and the others just seem to follow them.

We had a similar thing with ice skating classes but thankfully she dropped that activity.

The nicest parents are the equestrian team mums and dads. We have a blast wherever we go and they are all so nice.

(I also have found most of the other cheer mums to be really nice and normal and uncompetitive ...she said, running for cover)
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! Could I borrow that? I also want my daughter to have boyfriends that have no idea what to do with a girl!
Years ago I read a post in the Usenet high-end audio group. The author had a very expensive system - full range Martin Logan speakers, Mark Levinson amps, etc. Whenever his teenage daughter brought a boy home, dad showed off the stereo, and any thoughts of hanky-panky were immediately displaced.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Years ago I read a post in the Usenet high-end audio group. The author had a very expensive system - full range Martin Logan speakers, Mark Levinson amps, etc. Whenever his teenage daughter brought a boy home, dad showed off the stereo, and any thoughts of hanky-panky were immediately displaced.
A stereo can do that? Around here we do the same thing but with firearms.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

A stereo can do that? Around here we do the same thing but with firearms.
LOL we are more concerned about our 12 yr old girl than we are the 14 yr old boy.