Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP!!! I don't even think I need a visa! Please advise :)

HELP!!! I don't even think I need a visa! Please advise :)

Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Carter777UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!! I don't even think I need a visa! Please advise :)

Post deleted. recieved the answers i needed thanks.

Last edited by Carter777UK; Dec 19th 2018 at 4:07 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!! I don't even think I need a visa! Please advise :)

If you want to work in the US you will need the appropriate visa, the people to speak to is your Immigration Lawyer, not the Embassy.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

post deleted

Last edited by Carter777UK; Dec 19th 2018 at 4:10 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

You can use the VWP to Holiday in the US, and you can certainly bring your laptop. Not your clients.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Post deleted

Last edited by Carter777UK; Dec 19th 2018 at 4:10 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

People get away with all sorts of things, many moons ago somebody I know worked there away across the US when on Holiday.

There was a thread on here about a guy who RV'd around America, had basically an Office in his RV so he could work remotely.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:55 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you trying to convince us to convince you that everything is ok?

It sounds like you know the answer already and just don’t like it.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamstuartcarter
Thats the things though, this is not true lol. Or are you saying I have been breaking the rules for years? I am an online business, wherever there is wifi I can do my work. I have worked this way for years and years in multiple countries, including extensively in the US... I dont need a visa to work on my laptop end of discussion... I cant believe you would suggest that my clients service should be hindered whilst I am on holiday haha! Come on dude!
You're wrong and David's right. You are not allowed to work in the US, even remotely, under the VWP. Yes, you have gotten away with it and probably will again. The fine people here will not tell you that what you are planning on doing is proper use of the VWP. If the lab is paying for premium services and you are filming on their tour bus, then you are working for them. Period. It is illegal.

Talk to an attorney.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:12 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

You could avoid the visa issue by paying an American to do the work for you. I might be available. Or just apply for a visa. I am sure a suitable one is available. Anyway you mentioned 7 months tour so VWP is a no go.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

post deleted

Last edited by Carter777UK; Dec 19th 2018 at 4:11 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

post deleted

Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

If someone is paying you for things that you need to be in the U.S. to do, then you need the appropriate visa.
Go get one.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

post deleted

Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:23 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamstuartcarter
The tour is a year, 7 months is the main bulk, but i can come and go as long as there is a slight gap in the 90 days... SO are we all in agreeance, that if i dont charge them, I can travel on the tour bus and film for 90 days no isues right??
no i don't see anyone agreeing with that. A film maker making a film is working. Not allowed.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You've waited until now to clarify this?
No-one has advised you with all the global business experience you have?
Hmmm

Last edited by Hotscot; Dec 19th 2018 at 3:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.