Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help in e applying for permanent residence

Help in e applying for permanent residence

Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help in e applying for permanent residence

Originally Posted by crg14624
Yeh, don't bother paying a fixed cost to apply again. Be sure to throw a ton of extra money at an immigration lawyer. They are suffering in these trying economic times.
Folks, the guy's got a point.

Shish kebab, the 2 links in my siggy explain the spouse IV filing in London.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help in e applying for permanent residence

Originally Posted by meauxna
Folks, the guy's got a point.

Shish kebab, the 2 links in my siggy explain the spouse IV filing in London.
Yes, I agree. Now that you have divulged that your spouse is a USC and that you are willing to throw down the coin and spend the time I think you should start the spouse immigrant visa process ASAP, it's clearly the safest option.

It might also be worth trying for the SB-1 as that will give you a much quicker route back. You might get a sympatheic consular official who sees the absurdity of making you re-apply considering your circumstances.

I'm really interested to hear what happens with your application and the process, so please come back and post your experience.