Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP! Biometrics appointment missed!

HELP! Biometrics appointment missed!

Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

distance1323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! Biometrics appointment missed!

I am really stressing out. :curse:
I recently moved address (July 1st) and have just received forwarded mail from a friend. During the move the I-797c form arrived notifying my that I must go to the Biometric appointment on July 11th. Or yesterday! I tried calling the 1800 number but of course it is Saturday and nobody can be reached until Monday.
Of course I am stressing because the letter states in BOLD
"IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED".

What must of happened was that the mail can the day we left and then the USPS started forwarding mail after that. Somehow this form arrived in the 'grey area' of the mail forwarding procedure. I did change address to my current address for USCIS on July 6th but it was a little too late for this specific letter.

Is there any chance that I can call them, or INFOPASS a center to get the biometrics done?

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Biometrics appointment missed!

I would go in person on Monday to the ASC (where the biometrics are done in your area), show them the appt letter, explain what happened, and ask them very sweetly to do the biometrics for you now.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Rene, ok thanks.
The thing is that I have moved from Memphis, TN (where my ASC appointment was scheduled for) to Bentonville, AR (where there is a local office in Fort Smith).

Memphis is 6 hours from Bentonville
Fort Smith is 1 hour from Bentonville.

Could I go to Fort Smith? even though my biometrics appointment was at Memphis. Do they do the biometrics at the Fort Smith Local Office? I couldnt find a list of services.

thanks
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by distance1323
I am really stressing out. :curse:
I recently moved address (July 1st) and have just received forwarded mail from a friend. During the move the I-797c form arrived notifying my that I must go to the Biometric appointment on July 11th. Or yesterday! I tried calling the 1800 number but of course it is Saturday and nobody can be reached until Monday.
Of course I am stressing because the letter states in BOLD
"IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED".

What must of happened was that the mail can the day we left and then the USPS started forwarding mail after that. Somehow this form arrived in the 'grey area' of the mail forwarding procedure. I did change address to my current address for USCIS on July 6th but it was a little too late for this specific letter.

Is there any chance that I can call them, or INFOPASS a center to get the biometrics done?

Thanks
Hi:

RELAX -- you are fine.

Just go to the ASC noted on the appointment. I would suggest you look up the ASC site on the USCIS website to find out their working hours. Some are open M-F and other Tues-Saturday. It varies. Just explain what happened and they will take the biometrics with no problem. This happens more often that one might think and the ASC's take it in stride.

NOTE: do an AR-11 while on line since you have moved. Note the further instructions for adding the pending applications.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Could I go to Fort Smith?
They're expecting you in Memphis... that's where you should go. Consider it an adventure!

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

I read on another forum post that the you can go to the nearest field office aswell. So to save me 10hours of driving I have booked up for a Fort Smith interview early in the week. I am praying and cross all limbs that I am going to be alright.
Thanks Folinskyinla for easing my worries and letting me know that this happens more than what I would think. I'll give you guys updated status this week.
Thanks.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So to save me 10hours of driving I have booked up for a Fort Smith interview early in the week.
Good luck! Generally, you have to live in an area for 3 months before the local office grants jurisdiction.

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I read on another forum post that the you can go to the nearest field office aswell. So to save me 10hours of driving I have booked up for a Fort Smith interview early in the week.
There is no "interview" for your biometrics. It's simply fingerprinting. Did you book an appointment at the USCIS office in Fort Smith, or the ASC biometrics support center? I don't think you can make appointments on your own for the ASC supoort centers. If you made an appointment at the USCIS office, they might just tell you to go in person to the ASC support center, which you can do on your own without an appointment. Personally, I'd check at www.uscis.gov for the nearest ASC support center and just walk in on Monday (if they are open that day). Why postpone it further?

Rene
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There is no "interview" for your biometrics. It's simply fingerprinting. Did you book an appointment at the USCIS office in Fort Smith, or the ASC biometrics support center? I don't think you can make appointments on your own for the ASC supoort centers. If you made an appointment at the USCIS office, they might just tell you to go in person to the ASC support center, which you can do on your own without an appointment. Personally, I'd check at www.uscis.gov for the nearest ASC support center and just walk in on Monday (if they are open that day). Why postpone it further?

Rene
Thanks Rene. Yes I booked up through Infopass. The Fort Smith local center is a ASC (confirmed through this site )so I'm gaining a little confidence that I will be able to get the biometrics done there. I'll let the thread know.
Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

The Fort Smith local center is a ASC (confirmed through this site )...
You might be fine... as long as you realize that the site you went to is *not* an official government site and is run through a web hosting service in Utah! Indeed, I have already found some seriously misleading and/or incorrect information... so the information you want may or may not be accurate or up-to-date.

Ian
Old Jul 13th 2008, 2:48 pm

Here is the official USCIS list of Application Support Centers serving Arkansas, just to make sure you have the right address.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=AR

Rene
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:14 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps I missed a biometrics appointment (fingerprints appointment) I had moved to California and was scheduled in Naperville IL, I took the appointment letter to my local ASC in Modesto and they did it there no problem, just walked in expalined I had moved and that was it but I did get an infopass to confirm I had moved and make sure my case was not closed.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rene. Yes I booked up through Infopass. The Fort Smith local center is a ASC (confirmed through this site )so I'm gaining a little confidence that I will be able to get the biometrics done there. I'll let the thread know.
Thanks
Hi:

The USCIS website has an ASC locater on it. When I was in Anchorage last week I noted the ASC was in the same location as the District Office. The InfoPass may get you in the front door if that is the case in Fort Smith. But you are not making an InfoPass type of appointment.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The USCIS website has an ASC locater on it. When I was in Anchorage last week I noted the ASC was in the same location as the District Office. The InfoPass may get you in the front door if that is the case in Fort Smith. But you are not making an InfoPass type of appointment.
Ok guys, well I went to the ASC Fort Smith local center this morning and had no problem whatsoever. They were very nice and did not have a worry to help me get the biometrics done.
Thanks for all your posts and if you ever need a biometrics appointment after you move, I would try the closest local ASC office office first. There is always going to be contradicting reports, but I had success with it.

I really love this site. It helps out so many people... and quickly.

Thanks.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:36 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys, well I went to the ASC Fort Smith local center this morning and had no problem whatsoever. They were very nice and did not have a worry to help me get the biometrics done.
Thanks for all your posts and if you ever need a biometrics appointment after you move, I would try the closest local ASC office office first. There is always going to be contradicting reports, but I had success with it.

I really love this site. It helps out so many people... and quickly.

Thanks.
Good news same happened to me as I said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.