Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP AOS dutch uittreksel bevolkingsregister scheidingen

HELP AOS dutch uittreksel bevolkingsregister scheidingen

Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

belladutchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP AOS dutch uittreksel bevolkingsregister scheidingen

Hi,

Any Dutch people here that have adjusted status and had to give an "uitreksel van bevolkingsregister" for proof that marriage has ended?

I need some help, please pm me, as I do not want to be public about this matter and I need some insight!

Thank you!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP AOS dutch uittreksel bevolkingsregister scheidingen

Originally Posted by belladutchie
Hi,

Any Dutch people here that have adjusted status and had to give an "uitreksel van bevolkingsregister" for proof that marriage has ended?

I need some help, please pm me, as I do not want to be public about this matter and I need some insight!

Thank you!
That sounds painful. When I got my divorce I gave my ex a footupthebuttie and got a letter that said the divorciewasendie
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
That sounds painful. When I got my divorce I gave my ex a footupthebuttie and got a letter that said the divorciewasendie
Okay......and that is supposed to be funny or so??? sorry I am super frustrated right now, and this kind of remarks can be left somewhere else!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you are lucky your post will be seen by HunterGreen who is very knowledgable about all things Dutch as that is what she is.

Have you tried doing a search for the phrase on this forum?

Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Okay......and that is supposed to be funny or so??? sorry I am super frustrated right now, and this kind of remarks can be left somewhere else!
Actually, that was funny... and your frustration doesn't make it unfunny. We are not responsible for your state of mind... or lack of humor.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Actually, that was funny... and your frustration doesn't make it unfunny. We are not responsible for your state of mind... or lack of humor.

Ian
I am sorry, but I am just not in the mood for jokes about it...is that okay? geeeez
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

I am sorry, but I am just not in the mood for jokes about it...is that okay? geeeez
Sorry belladutchie, had my chemo treatment today so wanted to be funny cause I'm kinda not feeling well.. hope I didn't spoil your day?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:27 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
Sorry belladutchie, had my chemo treatment today so wanted to be funny cause I'm kinda not feeling well.. hope I didn't spoil your day?
I thought it was funny...

<hugs>
Marnee
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Síobhan2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found this link, try to have a look at it http://www.usadutch.com. Might be helpful to you!!

Good luck!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bella,

Definitely get your butt over to the forum that Siobhan posted the link to. There's people there that might be able to help you. When you get to the page go to the ADC forum.

As far as myself, I really can't help you with this one. I have never been married before and I don't have any experience with divorces and all that comes with it, either.

What does it say on the uittreksel? And is it at least in English?

Hang in there, stressing out isn't going to make it go away - it will only make it more unpleasant... tanden op elkaar!

Elaine
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you!
Hoi... hoe gaat het?
I haven't adjusted yet, but I don't think one needs a "uitreksel van bevolkingsregister" for proof that marriage has ended.
The AOS is to make your status legal after your visa expired.(with your current wife/husband)
Did you check http://www.visajourney.com
If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on here will correct me.
Take care.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hallo allemaal,

Well the reason why I ask is, I have given proof, I have an extract of the marriage certificate that says that the marriage has ended. But they want a Divorce certificate.....okay.....

I have those documents too, its a two piece paper, first the actual marriage certificate that has been signed on the day of the wedding with the witnesses and the notation later that the marriage has ended with the county court date.

I guess I have to show double proof that it has ended.

Just wanted to know if anyone here had a simulair experience with official documents that were denied....

Originally Posted by dutchman2001nl
Hoi... hoe gaat het?
I haven't adjusted yet, but I don't think one needs a "uitreksel van bevolkingsregister" for proof that marriage has ended.
The AOS is to make your status legal after your visa expired.(with your current wife/husband)
Did you check http://www.visajourney.com
If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on here will correct me.
Take care.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:16 am
Jonathan McNeil Wong

belladutchie wrote:
    >>Hoi... hoe gaat het?;)
    >>I haven't adjusted yet, but I don't think one needs a "uitreksel van
    >>bevolkingsregister" for proof that marriage has ended.
    >>The AOS is to make your status legal after your visa expired.(with
    >>your current wife/husband)
    >>Did you check http://www.visajourney.com
    >>If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on here will correct me.
    >>Take care.
    >
    >
    > Hallo allemaal,
    >
    > Well the reason why I ask is, I have given proof, I have an extract of
    > the marriage certificate that says that the marriage has ended. But they
    > want a Divorce certificate.....okay.....
    >
    > I have those documents too, its a two piece paper, first the actual
    > marriage certificate that has been signed on the day of the wedding with
    > the witnesses and the notation later that the marriage has ended with
    > the county court date.
    >
    > I guess I have to show double proof that it has ended.
    >
    > Just wanted to know if anyone here had a simulair experience with
    > official documents that were denied....
    >

Absent a suspicion of fraud justified by objective and particular
circumstances, USCIS must accept the documents specified in the Foreign
Affairs Manual of the Department of State.

This is the FAM excerpt on civil status documents for the Netherlands:

Documents
BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Available. Birth Certificates (Uittreksel uit de Registers van de
Burgerlijke Stand omtrent een Geboorte) are available from Civil
Registrar's Office of the Burgomaster of the community of birth.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Available. (Uittreksel uit de Registers van de Burgerlijke Stand
omtrent een Huwelijk). (See Birth Certificate.)

DIVORCE CERTIFICATE

Available. (Uittreksel uit de Registers van de Burgerlijke Stand
omtrent een Huwelijk en Echtscheidingen). (See Birth Certificate.)

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue, Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]
================================================== =============