Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Help/advice needed :( (Global Visas)

Help/advice needed :( (Global Visas)

Old May 25th 2009, 7:16 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help/advice needed :(

Did you look through your contract again like Meauxna suggested ?
Old May 25th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

For the OP: Left a whole whack of info in a post awaiting moderation (probably due to all the supporting info URL's I popped in it). If/when it turns up hope it helps

Edit: And there it is - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=10

Last edited by Zap-Robo; May 25th 2009 at 7:19 pm. Reason: Linkie intra-thread to the mod'd post I made
Old May 25th 2009, 7:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo
For the OP: Left a whole whack of info in a post awaiting moderation (probably due to all the supporting info URL's I popped in it). If/when it turns up hope it helps

Edit: And there it is - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=10
heh.. I was just going to quote it so she saw it; thanks for helping.

I'm going to move this over to the USA forum as there are members who are already here who have used that, and other firms & might have something to add.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
heh.. I was just going to quote it so she saw it; thanks for helping.

I'm going to move this over to the USA forum as there are members who are already here who have used that, and other firms & might have something to add.
i cant thankyou all enough for the help with this, Its all been such a nightmare this whole visa process, dealing with visa companys who take money and do nothing, to dealing with needle phobias, RFE's and psychiatric reviews

blah!!!

anyway heres the part of the contract that i think is the important part.

6.Warranties and Liability
6.1 Global Visas shall not be liable to you, or be deemed to be in breach of contract, in the case of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Global Visas obligations in relation to the service, where the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Global Visas reasonable control.

6.2 Global Visas shall not, without prejudice to this agreement as a whole, be liable to you for any breach for a sum in excess of 100% of the aggregate of all fees due to Global Visas for providing the service to you. In particular, but not limited to, Global Visas shall have no liability for loss of earnings or loss of profits. These provisions shall apply even in the event of a fundamental breach of contract.

6.3 Global Visas shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of contract in the case of any refusal or delay in performance by the UK Immigration Authorities.

6.4 Global Visas will provide a refund in line with 6.2 of this agreement if it is decided by Global Visas board of Directors that a member of Global Visas acted in a manner that was adverse to your case and led to your case being refused.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:37 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
anyway heres the part of the contract that i think is the important part.

6.Warranties and Liability
6.1 Global Visas shall not be liable to you, or be deemed to be in breach of contract, in the case of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Global Visas obligations in relation to the service, where the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Global Visas reasonable control.

6.2 Global Visas shall not, without prejudice to this agreement as a whole, be liable to you for any breach for a sum in excess of 100% of the aggregate of all fees due to Global Visas for providing the service to you. In particular, but not limited to, Global Visas shall have no liability for loss of earnings or loss of profits. These provisions shall apply even in the event of a fundamental breach of contract.

6.3 Global Visas shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of contract in the case of any refusal or delay in performance by the UK Immigration Authorities.

6.4 Global Visas will provide a refund in line with 6.2 of this agreement if it is decided by Global Visas board of Directors that a member of Global Visas acted in a manner that was adverse to your case and led to your case being refused.
Actually, I think that bit's pretty much irrelevant. It's boilerplate stuff which would be overridden by your common law rights, in the event of a dispute. (That's a good thing, BTW).

What you need to look for is what, exactly, they promised to do for you, in exchange for your money.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Actually, I think that bit's pretty much irrelevant. It's boilerplate stuff which would be overridden by your common law rights, in the event of a dispute. (That's a good thing, BTW).
What has been quoted doesn't invalidate your dispute either - if they didn't file the paperwork in a timely manner. All their T&C's just point at not being liable to decisions or delays by UCSIS - your beef is what they did before that point (i.e. nothing).

Anything on their site re: the lead times for action - I note they cite they'll close your case if you don't file everything with them by 90 days but nothing about the process after that point...
Old May 25th 2009, 7:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo
What has been quoted doesn't invalidate your dispute either - if they didn't file the paperwork in a timely manner. All their T&C's just point at not being liable to decisions or delays by UCSIS - your beef is what they did before that point (i.e. nothing).

Anything on their site re: the lead times for action - I note they cite they'll close your case if you don't file everything with them by 90 days but nothing about the process after that point...
Don't know if it is a typo in PC's quote or if this is worth pursuing.. "refusal or delay in performance by the UK Immigration Authorities."
Old May 25th 2009, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Small Claims Court

There may be a queue.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 26th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Be warned, IANAL but in my opinion 6.1 & 6.3 covers it then - so long as the delay was not caused by USCIS (because that'd be beyond their reasonable control) then you can slap them with a complaint for a full refund (can't exceed what you paid them, as per 6.2)

Good luck!
Old May 26th 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

willy1788 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can find information to make a complaint at www.oisc.gov.uk . I also used Globalvisas and had a nightmare with them. It will take too long to go into full details but do not use them and warn other people. I am lodging a complaint with the OISC. Trying to call globalvisas is a waste of time as you will only be transferred from person to person when trying to make a complaint or ask for a refund. WARN PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest UK emmigration scammer is Graham Copsey

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigat...pseys-bac.html

and he is still doing it ...his latest business is

http://www.anewlifeabroad.co.uk/
Old May 29th 2009, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

blinx202 is an unknown quantity at this point

what people dont know is that you can complain to OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING for unfair charging fee policy and for unfair terms of contract. basically the contract they snet to you is not identical with the terms of business advertised on their website.

is unfair that they want to charge you a deposit even befoer they take on your case and even before you sign a contract and they see supporting documentation to support your visa elligilibility.

try bbc watchdog with your story , daily mail , and office of fair trading or Trading standards services
Old May 31st 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

blinx202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help/advice needed :( (Global Visas)

I think people should complain as much as possible

Maybe it will be better if you tell them you will contact the mirror newspaper( put name of one of their investigators), daily mail newspaper, you will go to OFT, consumer direct , FSA, and Trading services to report unfair charges and unfair contract terms.

I have called the Trading services myself twice. Fisrt time to my mistake i talked about bad advice they gave me and they send me to oisc as they dont get involved in that . Second time I got smarter and called them to complain about unfair cahrges and unfair terms in contract, i complained that they asked me to pay upfront 150 pounds before any consultation took place or contract being signed. They thought this kind of complaint is good enough for me to get a call back from them in 10 days to investigate regarding the matter.the only thing is they asked for my address which is in uk so i qualify as a consumer in this country.I plan to comaplin that the terms of the contract are confusing to me as I am a foreigner with english not a mothertongue and they didnt offer a contract in my mother tongue and they used high pressure techniques to make me sign the contract sing confusing immigration terms.

read this article

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle3438415.ece

So I think when you complain you have to be careful that the complaint has relevant terms to the comapny you complain.

://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigat...pseys-bac.html

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/can_the_.../other_pc.html

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/s...ode-search.cfm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/mara.aspx

you can also complain to which magazine, is a consumer magazine investigating complaints

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/02/...nts-169390.jsp

I also think we should post these addresses for complaints on all discussion boards so everyone knows where they can try to complain.

the bottom line is that the terms in their contract are unfair, check unfair terms of contract on the office of fair trading website
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help/advice needed :( (Global Visas)

Thread closed.

Rene