Health insurance for London Visa

Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:11 am
Just Joined

coley626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance for London Visa

Hi there,

My husband has his visa interview next week. I have searched the embassy website list of 'what documents to bring' to the interview, and it says nothing about my husband (UKC) needing proof of insurance. However, I have read previously that people have been asked to provide proof of it at their interview. Is it necessary to provide proof/have US health insurance at the interview? Also, if it is, is there a reliable place for him to purchase 'bridge insurance' until he gets here and gets on an American health care plan? Thanks for any help! Just trying to be fully prepared.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health insurance for London Visa

Immigrant visa?

The only case I remember was what he was going to get when he got there long term.

I have never come across any requirement for bridge insurance.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Yeah, sorry. Should have clarified. It is for an immigrant spouse visa. I was just curious as to whether he needed to buy US health insurance before the interview, or if he could wait until he actually landed. I just didn't want him to get turned away for not having it. If it was necessary, I was going to find him a temporary insurance, since he can't be on the same provider as me until he gets into the country.

Should he just make a printout of the plan he is going to buy once he gets here? Or does he even need to worry about it?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coley626
Yeah, sorry. Should have clarified. It is for an immigrant spouse visa. I was just curious as to whether he needed to buy US health insurance before the interview, or if he could wait until he actually landed. I just didn't want him to get turned away for not having it. If it was necessary, I was going to find him a temporary insurance, since he can't be on the same provider as me until he gets into the country.

Should he just make a printout of the plan he is going to buy once he gets here? Or does he even need to worry about it?
A while back it seemed several folks got asked for such proof of insurance at their interviews, then that died down. It's not a written requirement, but if the ConOff wants to see it for some reason, she can request it.

Rene
Old Sep 16th 2010, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
A while back it seemed several folks got asked for such proof of insurance at their interviews, then that died down. It's not a written requirement, but if the ConOff wants to see it for some reason, she can request it.

Rene
Or he.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coley626
Hi there,

My husband has his visa interview next week. I have searched the embassy website list of 'what documents to bring' to the interview, and it says nothing about my husband (UKC) needing proof of insurance. However, I have read previously that people have been asked to provide proof of it at their interview. Is it necessary to provide proof/have US health insurance at the interview? Also, if it is, is there a reliable place for him to purchase 'bridge insurance' until he gets here and gets on an American health care plan? Thanks for any help! Just trying to be fully prepared.
I had my interview in january and I'd read posts from here from about 2 years before when it was being asked for, I took a copy of DH's insurance policy through work showing that I could be added. I also had proof that I had insurance via my own bank account to cover me until I was on his policy, the Con Off didn't ever ask for it, but I felt comfortable knowing I had it if asked. Good luck for the interview.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Immigrant visa?

The only case I remember was what he was going to get when he got there long term.

I have never come across any requirement for bridge insurance.

No, it is not yet a requirement. However, several people have been asked to provide a copy of their healthcare insurance, paid in full, before they were issued their visa. One in particular was a female with children.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help everyone. My husband ended up getting a quote from my insurance plan, and then brought that along with a copy of his bank statement to prove he could afford to pay for it. Anyway, they didn't even ask for it.: )