Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used a house in the UK as asset for 864 support

Wikiposts

Has anyone used a house in the UK as asset for 864 support

Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

donnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura about
Default Has anyone used a house in the UK as asset for 864 support

I'm on my first look at the application process for AOS from a VWP.

I see the first hurdle. My Income falls $1500 short of the 125% guideline for my household of me, hubby and baby.

We have a house that is 75% paid for in the UK (50,000 GBP equity), a bank account with some assets in the UK 15,000 GBP and $10,000 in savings here in the US.

Also, I could probably convince my wealthy brother to co-sponsor.

My question is do we do all of the above or just go ahead with the Joint Sponsorship?

Thanks,
Donna
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used a house in the UK as asset for 864 support

It was a few years back but we used our house in the UK as an asset to cover the full amount as we had no earnings in the US to use.

Your earnings plus assets are enough. I assume your earnings are in the US.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

donnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura aboutdonnabryan has a spectacular aura about

Yes, all earnings are in the US. Just looked at pay stubs and I've worked some overtime last month so if that's prorated for the year I will pass the threshold.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnabryan
I see the first hurdle. My Income falls $1500 short of the 125% guideline for my household of me, hubby and baby.

We have a house that is 75% paid for in the UK (50,000 GBP equity), a bank account with some assets in the UK 15,000 GBP and $10,000 in savings here in the US.
If you need $1500, you'll require assets of $4500 to make up the shortfall. It seems you're well over that with just your US savings.

Also, I could probably convince my wealthy brother to co-sponsor.
Joint sponsor... not co-sponsor. It's not a bad idea... I wouldn't rule this out as Plan B.

Ian