Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

POE in Los Angeles and...Thank you!

POE in Los Angeles and...Thank you!

Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all
Default POE in Los Angeles and...Thank you!

I feel horribly guilty that I haven't been on here for so long - we filed I-130 DCF london in November, and like 99% of visa applicants, I never thought we would get here!!!
I flew into LAX on June 23rd, and it was all a breeze. In fact, when I came through immigration with my HUGE brown secret envelope, they took one look at my 5 year old son who was LITERALLY jumping up and down on the spot, (as he knew he would get to see him daddy after 5 months of not seeing him) and they got us through in 7 minutes!! I timed it!! I guess they only had a few immig officers on duty, and there were tons of people behind us (my five year old and I literally ran most of the way off the plane to beat the crowds) so we lucked out big time.
The worst part was waiting for his car seat to come through oversize baggage - all the people we ran past smiled smugly at us as we sat waiting for the car seat !
Thank you to all the members for helping me through every single day of waiting, wondering and dealing with the maze that is immigration. I know how sad this sounds, but every night I'd get on expats and it helped so much!
So now we're here! and it's even better than I expected. worth every second of waiting....
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POE in Los Angeles and...Thank you!

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Rene
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:38 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to America and enjoy your new life here. It will be different, interesting and sometimes challenging but I hope it is all you expect it to be.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:11 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Oh wow, guess I haven't been here for ages too.

Glad you found the LAX POE easy. I had the same POE back on June 7, but for us it took a whole hour and a half. We were stuck behind a group of 30+ Asian (I think Korean) people, all waiting for their passports to be stamped.
So that took quite a while but no problems otherwise.
Luckily LAX was also our final destination airport, or I could have missed my flight if I had a connection to catch.

Welcome to America!!