Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

madfrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone here obtained EB-3?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00b92ca60aRCRD

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...23.html#fourth
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone here obtained EB-3?

The Labor Certification Process for EB-2 and EB-3 Cases:

Beneficiaries of the Second Preference - with the exception of national interest waiver - and Third Preference employment based categories need labor certification.

The US permanent residence application procedure based on an alien employment certification commences with an application for labor certification filed with the US DOL. DOL must certify that there are no qualified, willing, and able US. workers available to fill the offered position in the relevant market, and that employment of the foreign national will not adversely affect the wages and conditions of similarly employed US. workers.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/howdoi.cfm
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

madfrank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
The Labor Certification Process for EB-2 and EB-3 Cases:

Beneficiaries of the Second Preference - with the exception of national interest waiver - and Third Preference employment based categories need labor certification.

The US permanent residence application procedure based on an alien employment certification commences with an application for labor certification filed with the US DOL. DOL must certify that there are no qualified, willing, and able US. workers available to fill the offered position in the relevant market, and that employment of the foreign national will not adversely affect the wages and conditions of similarly employed US. workers.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/howdoi.cfm
Yes - we might be able to argue that no other American can do my job. I'm asking has anybody here done this and how?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:20 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Has anyone here obtained EB-3?

Maybe if you start yet another thread someone will come along and give you the answer you want to hear!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenefer
EB-3 (I-485) or visa numbers are running 4-8 years behind (depending upon country of birth). Please google terms like priority dates and visa bulletin.Even if the employer want to hire you but you cannot apply for EB-3 immigrant visa until your EB-3 priority date becomes current.
Incorrect, your employer can file for EB3 however you can not AOS until PD is current, otherwise you just join everyone else in the queue. You need to apply to get a PD
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH is in the EB-3 category and our application for PR is now at the National Visa Centre and we just have to wait in the queue like everyone else for our priority date to come up. In the May bulletin, their looking at dates of 22 August 2005 so we've still got at least an 18 month wait, and that's assuming the dates don't go back the way which is possible. His employer had to advertise his position for I think, 6 months to get the Labour Certification. Don't know if any of this helps, we're currently here on H1-B and H4 visas.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:21 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
My OH is in the EB-3 category and our application for PR is now at the National Visa Centre and we just have to wait in the queue like everyone else for our priority date to come up. In the May bulletin, their looking at dates of 22 August 2005 so we've still got at least an 18 month wait, and that's assuming the dates don't go back the way which is possible. His employer had to advertise his position for I think, 6 months to get the Labour Certification. Don't know if any of this helps, we're currently here on H1-B and H4 visas.
EB-3 here too. Went current back in the big 07 'fiasco' and then promptly unavailable and retrogressed. Now with my PD of April 06 I'm about 8 months off hitting current and possibly getting the elusive GC. Although having gotten within 2 months of a current date (back in 08) I'll believe it once I have the card in my hands.
As for the Labour Cert again about a 6 month process overall (think my colleagues took about 9 months). Job advertised etc and then a review period before submission of everything to get the final okay/decision
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:53 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

what happens if your visa runs out before you get your EB3? I only ask because I will be in the same boat- I'm 18 mnths into my H1B and my employer wants to file for my EB3......only thing is if it takes 6-8 years like the attorney says, will I still be able to stay here and work?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
what happens if your visa runs out before you get your EB3? I only ask because I will be in the same boat- I'm 18 mnths into my H1B and my employer wants to file for my EB3......only thing is if it takes 6-8 years like the attorney says, will I still be able to stay here and work?
Once your I 485 has been approved then you are ok to stay and work. You can renew your H1B every year ( which is a pain in the butt) until your priority date becomes current
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
As far as I know, the H1-B is for 3 years, you can then extend it for another 3 years. But if you already have your application in for your EB-3, then as Lisa said, you just keep extending it and you can stay and work in the country - I'm sure someone else will come along and let me know if that's not correct
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Once your I 485 has been approved then you are ok to stay and work.
That's because once the I-485 is approved, the person becomes a US permanent resident and gets a green card.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's because once the I-485 is approved, the person becomes a US permanent resident and gets a green card.

Ian
Ian, am I right in saying that as long as you have started the application process for permanent residency, you can keep extending your H1-B for as long as it takes for you to obtain your PR status??
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have started the process and have the I-140 pending for at least 365 days then you can get extentions to the H1B in yearly increments. Once the I-140 is approved - you can get three year extensions.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Surely that depends on whether a visa is available? Or am I mixing this up with USCIS receiving your I 485?
All I know is, is that DH had his labor cert. approved and then we waited for a number of years, cos it all retrogressed, until we got out GCs. in the mean time we renewed our H visas every year....

Last edited by lisa67; Apr 13th 2011 at 11:54 pm. Reason: Bl**dy predictive text!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lisa67
Surely that depends on whether a visa is available? Or am I mixing this up with USCIS receiving your I 485?
All I know is, is that DH had his labor cert. approved and then we waited for a number of years, cos it all retrogressed, until we got out GCs. in the mean time we renewed our H visas every year....
Lisa, I am no expert on this, but my understanding is that our H1-B is for 3 years, we can extend for another 3 years after that, but if we have our application started for our GC (which our priority date is Jan 2007), you can stay on the H1-B for as long as it takes to get your GC. Now, I don't know at what point you have to renew every year?!?!?!? I have no clue?!?!? I'm sure someone will clarify. Still sitting waiting, and I don't foresee the GC's magically appearing, even with a bottle of wine down my neck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.