Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever heard of case being sent back to CIS (from NVC)

Has anyone ever heard of case being sent back to CIS (from NVC)

Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:05 am
it ain't ez bein cheezy

cheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to all
Default Has anyone ever heard of case being sent back to CIS (from NVC)

I called to check on the status of our case (the usual automated) and it said our case was sent back to CIS. I am in canada with my husband at the moment and couldn't call the 800#. I was sick to my stomach all day. I have googled the heck out of this topic and can't find but one person who posted anything on the net about a case being sent back. I am feeling extremely sad. I did get a # in washington to call tomorrow.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this. They had already accepted our AOS payment and choice of agent.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone ever heard of case being sent back to CIS (from NVC)

Originally Posted by cheezy
I was sick to my stomach all day.
Stuff gets sent back and forth from place to place all the time depending on any number of factors. This isn't unusual, and it's not something to worry about.

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:37 pm
it ain't ez bein cheezy

cheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Stuff gets sent back and forth from place to place all the time depending on any number of factors. This isn't unusual, and it's not something to worry about.

Ian
Sending back an already approved application isn't something to worry about? They accepted fee payments at nvc, and now won't say why it was returned. I can't believe they wouldn't know why it went back. I have no way to call from Canada as the 800 info # won't work here. I am so frustrated
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:59 pm
Capt. Tuttle

cheezy wrote:

>>Stuff gets sent back and forth from place to place all the time
    >>depending on any number of factors. This isn't unusual, and it's not
    >>something to worry about.
    >>Ian
    >
    >
    > Sending back an already approved application isn't something to worry
    > about? They accepted fee payments at nvc, and now won't say why it was
    > returned. I can't believe they wouldn't know why it went back. I have no
    > way to call from Canada as the 800 info # won't work here. I am so
    > frustrated :(
    >

Frustration and worry are common and normal. The date on your online
status changing, if that is where you looked, is also normal. Try not to
worry too much. As Ian said files getting sent back and forth happens
all the time. Our date changed four times while waiting for a correction
to be made to my wife's PR card.

Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheezy
Sending back an already approved application isn't something to worry about? They accepted fee payments at nvc, and now won't say why it was returned.
I apologize if I've missed one of your posts, but I couldn't see any which indicated that your application had been approved only that it had been accepted - as verified by your check being cashed (or whatever form your fees took). When there's a backlog of cases in one place, USCIS will often send files across the country so that they can be processed elsewhere faster. This is usually a good thing.

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:58 pm
it ain't ez bein cheezy

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I apologize if I've missed one of your posts, but I couldn't see any which indicated that your application had been approved only that it had been accepted
So sorry, let me re-state.

We applied I-130 CSC Jan 06.
We received NOA2 approval July 21 06.
Case was forwarded to NVC, we began the steps there; paying the Aff of Support Bill and Choice of Agent. We were told I-864 pkg was shipped last Friday.

Called NVC yesterday for usual auto-update and it said "Case returned to CIS"
Spoke to NVC agent, she said they returned it to Calif. Service Center and she couldn't say why.

Can you tell me if that is normal and good? It doesn't seem like it to me... but I don't know for sure.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:19 pm
it ain't ez bein cheezy

I spent 1-1/2 hrs on hold but did get to speak to an immigration officer on the 800# (using Skype). She said she has no idea why NVC sent it back and I should ask them. I called NVC and told them what the officer said, they now said CSC requested it be returned.

It's in transit so it appears I won't know who requested it be returned until it gets there.