Has anyone DCF'd in Madrid?

Old Jul 4th 2001, 4:21 pm
Kari

Hello, I will be going the DCF route in Madrid and am looking to see if anyone else
has done it at the Madrid Embassy. So far, it seems pretty good for us, they told us
it would take 4-6 weeks (I sure hope that's true). I have all the necessary
paperwork, I think. Do I need a letter from my employer and will I have to get a
letter from my bank?

Tons of questions!!

I have 3 weeks to get anything else ready. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks!

Old Jul 4th 2001, 5:15 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Kari wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
If you have sufficient income, you do not have to supply the bank info. You will need
the last 3 years of tax returns, full copies with W-2's OR tax transcripts for the
last 3 years. (all for the I-864). Along with the employer letter, I think it is
advisable to bring some recent pay stubs, to verify the information provided by the
employer...it certainly cannot hurt. You can find more information on DCF at this
site, click the "DCF: Choose your visa" link after entry:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm You may also find some info
at the links provided in that section, which includes some other I-130 sites. Alvena
===
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; this is my personal opinion, posted
for the purpose of discussion only.
===
K-1 FAQ: http://www.k1faq.com Timelines: http://www.wkh.org/ A great K-1 Site:
http://pages.prodigy.net/alixtcat/immigrat.htm Marriage Visa Pages:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
===

Old Jul 6th 2001, 12:16 am
Kari

Alvena, thanks for all your help. I make well above the poverty level, so I guess I'm
safe there. I won't go for the bank letter. My boss has agreed to give me the letter
necessary for verification of employment, so we're fine there as well. I have 3 years
of tax returns filed away and I save all my paystubs, so I'm also fine there! Wow..
this seems so easy.... there's got to be a trick somewhere.

Anybody willing to give me a checklist of things not to forget when I leave to Spain
on the 25th?

Thanks!

Old Jul 7th 2001, 11:35 pm
Kari

Well, I goofed... I have 98 and 99 tax returns (with W2's) but I don't know where the
heck I put my 2000 return. Just my luck. Anyway, I went to my local H&R Block (where
I filed my 2000) and they gave me a copy of my tax return and then proceeded to tell
me that they don't make copies of the W2's. However, since I still work at the same
place that I worked at during 2000, I'm sure I can get a copy of my W2 from payroll.
I did call the Automated number for the IRS requesting a transcript of my 2000 return
and after I put in my request, the recorded message said it would take 10-15 days. I
wonder if it will... I hope so. If not, well, I hope that payroll comes up with my
W2's quickly...

Madrid's city hall (ayuntamiento) said it will take about 10 working days after the
wedding to get my certificate and/or carta de familia, however they told my fiance
they would make an exception and give it to us on the Thursday following the wedding
"cause you fiance's coming from so far away", said the wonderful city hall lady to my
wonderful fiance. So, that means we can run to the Embassy that same day and start
the wonderful paperwork.

So, I can prove that I can support him, I got my birth certificate, passport, we'll
take our photos there... What else... am I missing something?

>
[usenetquote2]> > Hello, I will be going the DCF route in Madrid and am looking to see if anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > else has done it at the Madrid Embassy. So far, it seems pretty good for us, they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > told us it would take 4-6 weeks (I sure hope that's true). I have all the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > necessary paperwork, I think. Do I need a letter from my employer and will I have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to get a letter from my bank?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 18th 2001, 11:10 pm
Kari

Now I'm getting all freaked out about the Sponsor stuff. I have all my Tax Returns in
order... As I go on reading posts I see more and more about sponsoring and proving
you make enough money. I currently make $30,000 a year. That's this year, though. For
the last 3 years my returns list my income as: 98 - $26,432 99 - $19,094 00 - $23,157

I have paystubs that will prove what I'm making now, as well as a letter from my
employer. I looked at the poverty level list and as I said before, I seem to make
well above the requirement for a 2-person household. So, do I need to stop worrying?
I'm not missing something am I? Like I said, it just seems that a lot of people here
stress about this issue, and I just don't want to be 'over confident' and think
everything's fine when it isn't.

Also, how does INS look at young couples? Do they give the couples a hard time? My
fiance and I our 23 and 24. I would think and hope that they will treat us the same
way they treat couples which are twice our age.

My departure date is in a week, someone please reply!

Old Jul 19th 2001, 1:40 am
Betastar

A note to all of those who are worried about the affidavit of support for the K1 visa
and make over 125% of the poverty level -

STOP with the uneccessary worry!! You've got enough other stuff to worry about

For *most* countries they want the I-134, and for that you need just one year's worth
of income.

If you make above 125% of the poverty level for the number of people who will be
living in your household, then you qualify.

Worry about other things, like wedding plans

Betastar hoping this calms some of the recent panic she's seeing (Is $60k
enough! Ha!)

Old Jul 19th 2001, 3:45 am
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

That will be fine.

>
    >
    >
    >

The INS are renowned for giving all young couples a hard time. I read once they
inserted a whole family of skunks in a young mans Khakis and made the young lady
remove them with her teeth. I have never seen this happen with an older couple. I may
be wrong though.

Grinch

Old Jul 20th 2001, 5:13 am
Sophie T

Hi Kari,

When we filed in Switzerland, I (the USC) only met the poverty requirement in the
most recent tax year, due to being a student previously. We were approved, no
questions asked. Since you exceed the requirement for all 3 years, it won't be a
problem for you. I understand the stress though! Good luck next week!

--Sophie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >