Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied for AP w/ new filing procedures recently?

Has anyone applied for AP w/ new filing procedures recently?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:52 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone applied for AP w/ new filing procedures recently?

Has anyone applied for an AP with the new filing procedures directly through NBC/Chicago recently? If so, did you get it yet? I'm wondering if the 2-month timeframe for NBC online is correct. Because I'm getting ready to send mine out tomorrow, so I was just wondering how fast they're actually processing them right now. Thanks!

Oh, and just to verify...I do have to send it to NBC rather than my local office (Atlanta) right?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:16 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone applied for AP w/ new filing procedures recently?

So no one has filed for an AP recently that lives in one of the states with the new rules?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

silanone will become famous soon enoughsilanone will become famous soon enough

Steffi,

I did this recently. I applied for AP earlier (in Aug 2004) and it turned out that I made a mistake with my name in the form, so my AP document had an error in it. I was advised to send in a fresh application and by that point it was December and the "Chicago Lockbox" mailing address was in effect. So that's where I sent my fresh application (I live in MA by the way) by regular mail, to the PO box specified, and I had a receipt within 10 days, and my AP documents just arrived. It took them a little over a month to process it. I had included my old AP document and the explanation of the error in it - so this might not be a valid basis for comparison with a new AP application, but I would say that the Chicago Lockbox is working just fine.

By the way, just like everything else, the AP applications are processed in Missouri and that is where my AP document was mailed from.

Yes, you have to send it to NBC - I understand that local offices don't process APs any more.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
So no one has filed for an AP recently that lives in one of the states with the new rules?
Hi Steffi,

I'll be filing Sadegh's AP renewal (to the Chicago lock box) around April sometime. I need to file his EAD renewal through the new address next month, though.

I hope you find someone....

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

isannen is an unknown quantity at this point

Steffi,
I e-filed on 11/18/04 and got an email with approval on 1/4/05 and got it in the mail last week or so.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:43 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by silanone
Steffi,

I did this recently. I applied for AP earlier (in Aug 2004) and it turned out that I made a mistake with my name in the form, so my AP document had an error in it. I was advised to send in a fresh application and by that point it was December and the "Chicago Lockbox" mailing address was in effect. So that's where I sent my fresh application (I live in MA by the way) by regular mail, to the PO box specified, and I had a receipt within 10 days, and my AP documents just arrived. It took them a little over a month to process it. I had included my old AP document and the explanation of the error in it - so this might not be a valid basis for comparison with a new AP application, but I would say that the Chicago Lockbox is working just fine.

By the way, just like everything else, the AP applications are processed in Missouri and that is where my AP document was mailed from.

Yes, you have to send it to NBC - I understand that local offices don't process APs any more.
Thanks a bunch for that info! It's good to hear that they seem to be on top of the AP now (unless of course, like you mentioned, the factor that you resent it due to that error). I appreciate the info.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:06 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

geez, I filed my ap and ead at the end of september.. got receipts for everythig.. is there somebody I should be calling? or something I should be doing?

thanks
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:24 pm
K1 via London

Whoops, didn't even notice that other people had replied before me!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Steffi,

I'll be filing Sadegh's AP renewal (to the Chicago lock box) around April sometime. I need to file his EAD renewal through the new address next month, though.
Well hopefully I'll be able to get you a status about my AP then. I filed for my EAD renewal in November, so I missed the change over by a month. So who knows if people after me will actually get theirs faster than me!

Originally Posted by isannen
Steffi,
I e-filed on 11/18/04 and got an email with approval on 1/4/05 and got it in the mail last week or so.
So a month and a half through e-filing. That's good to know! Hopefully it'll be the same for regular mail. I sent mine off today.

Originally Posted by souls canuck
geez, I filed my ap and ead at the end of september.. got receipts for everythig.. is there somebody I should be calling? or something I should be doing?
Maybe because you filed in September before the December change-over it's taking longer?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:06 am
Laurence

"Steffi" <member15202@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Has anyone applied for an AP with the new filing procedures directly
    > through NBC/Chicago recently? If so, did you get it yet? I'm wondering
    > if the 2-month timeframe for NBC online is correct. Because I'm getting
    > ready to send mine out tomorrow, so I was just wondering how fast
    > they're actually processing them right now. Thanks!
    > Oh, and just to verify...I do have to send it to NBC rather than my
    > local office (Atlanta) right?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I sent mine in December, it arrived on the 21st (per the delivery
confirmation receipt) but shows a receipt date of December 28. The last
action date online is 1/03 ... still waiting.

Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steffi
Yes, Stef...I filed in Jan via the Chicago lockbox for the AP.

We got a notice dated 19 Jan 05 with the note that the process is taking 60-90 days.

Last edited by ire blues; Jan 25th 2005 at 10:31 am.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

laurajanaya will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Has anyone applied for AP w/ new filing procedures recently?

Hello everyone,
We sent our paperwork in December, we have a received date of 12/16/04.
We applied through the NBC, i received AP yesterday 01/29/05 in the mail.
I am waiting for my EAD though... this situation is absolutely killing me!!!! My husband has been relocated to a new job and drives for 2 hrs everyday back and forth. Since I still have my J status, I am still working with my company...but we need to move ASAP. I interviewed for a new job in the wilmington area, the informally told me they would wait for me until I got by EAD, but I'm afraid they change their mind.
Oh boy!!! Does anybody know how to speed the process up?
I have the appt. for fingerprints and biometrics on 02/05/05....
Any suggestions?
Laura

Originally Posted by ire blues
Yes, Stef...I filed in Jan via the Chicago lockbox for the AP.

We got a notice dated 19 Jan 05 with the note that the process is taking 60-90 days.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:15 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

and I too got notice this week.. after "inquiring" a week ago I got my approval for ap and ead the same day (Wed)

now that I am working full time I can't really travel ;(

oh well.. glad to have it in case I really do need it (the ap that is)
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:44 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by laurajanaya
Hello everyone,
We sent our paperwork in December, we have a received date of 12/16/04.
We applied through the NBC, i received AP yesterday 01/29/05 in the mail.
I am waiting for my EAD though... this situation is absolutely killing me!!!! My husband has been relocated to a new job and drives for 2 hrs everyday back and forth. Since I still have my J status, I am still working with my company...but we need to move ASAP. I interviewed for a new job in the wilmington area, the informally told me they would wait for me until I got by EAD, but I'm afraid they change their mind.
Oh boy!!! Does anybody know how to speed the process up?
I have the appt. for fingerprints and biometrics on 02/05/05....
Any suggestions?
Laura
I don't think there's really anything you can do to speed up the process. The only thing you can really do if you haven't received your EAD by the 90th day (from your NOA date) is that you can make an InfoPass appointment for the 91st day to request an interim EAD. So from the looks of it you couldn't get your interim EAD until mid-March, unless the regular EAD arrived before then. I'm sorry!

Well, and my update is: AP NOA of January 25th. Let's see how long it takes!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Well, and my update is: AP NOA of January 25th. Let's see how long it takes![/QUOTE]

Hi Steff - I sent in our advance parole on 24th January and this morning having checked my account the cheques have cleared. (Last year when I sent in our advance parole to Atlanta I seem to remember it took almost 4/5 weeks for hte fees to clear) ....

I'll keep you updated ..
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:10 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by Lara45
Hi Steff - I sent in our advance parole on 24th January and this morning having checked my account the cheques have cleared. (Last year when I sent in our advance parole to Atlanta I seem to remember it took almost 4/5 weeks for hte fees to clear) ....

I'll keep you updated ..
You sent yours in to Chicago too, right? My check cleared the 26th, and my NOA date was the 25th.
Also, what I did, I went to check my bank account online (I have Wachovia), and they show you the front and back image of your check. USCIS writes your number on there (it should start with MSC), so you can already track it online even before you get the letter in the mail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.