Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Has "Instant AOS" for K-1 adjusters at Dallas INS been discontinued ?

Has "Instant AOS" for K-1 adjusters at Dallas INS been discontinued ?

Old Mar 19th 2002, 3:35 pm
Tim

Default Has "Instant AOS" for K-1 adjusters at Dallas INS been discontinued ?

Check out this post I found on the TSC complaint board:

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cg...ery=1016219522

(you may have to copy-n-paste that together to fit on one line in your browser)

If true, they stopped doing instant AOS at Dallas a few weeks ago. I ran the search
engine here in our group, but could not find any messages about K-1ers adjusting at
the Dallas office since March 1st.

It would be beneficial if we could A) get someone else to corroborate this
information about Dallas, and B) learn if this is now an INS-wide policy (which means
it may have ended at the other two locations as well).

Regards, Tim

Old Mar 19th 2002, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Has "Instant AOS" for K-1 adjusters at Dallas INS been discontinued ?

Just to second what Tim said...anyone who has any further info on this, please let us know - it will be highly appreciated. I will be moving to the Dallas area in about 6 weeks all being well, and if this is true, it will affect our plans (and finances) drastically.

Thanks in advance,

-Harry
Old Mar 19th 2002, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has "Instant AOS" for K-1 adjusters at Dallas INS been discontinued ?

I read the letter quoted and it sounds as though Instant AOS in Dallas for K-1'ers is now a thing of the past.

It might still be faster than those filing the I-130 and I-485. The one thing that struck me as legit is that some people, believe Brian R was one of them, had their approval put on hold until their brown envelope file was retrieved from central filing. And the letter seems to say that the AOS will only be started when that file is retrieved.

Rita