Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Half year after interview, nothing happened!

Half year after interview, nothing happened!

Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:47 am
Just Joined

yvhiaw is on a distinguished road
Angry Half year after interview, nothing happened!

I have my aos interveiw half year ago, because of the name check, i didn't get my passport stamped. The officer told me the name check may take 1 to 3 months to finish, and asked me to go back if i didn't get any information after 3 months. So, i went back after 3 months, at that time, i even didn't get a chance to talk with an officer. someone in the window input my A# in the computer, and then told me still pending for name check. and told me go back waiting for another 3 months. and now, half year passed, i still didn't get any information about my case. i wrote an email to FBI about 3 month ago, so far, no answer. i want to go to INS again, but i think they will told me to wait the third 3 months.

is there any thing i can do to speed up my name check? or if i can inquire to talk with their supervisor? i m afraid to go there, because more times to go, more disappointment i get.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Half year after interview, nothing happened!

Did you check with your congressperson? we had our congresswoman's immigration aid helped in inquiring our AOS. Wrote many letters to CIS and phone calls (national customer service couldn't tell us anything because we filed with San franicsco office.

Lawrence
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:55 am
Just Joined

yvhiaw is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Half year after interview, nothing happened!

Originally Posted by cjcherri
Did you check with your congressperson? we had our congresswoman's immigration aid helped in inquiring our AOS. Wrote many letters to CIS and phone calls (national customer service couldn't tell us anything because we filed with San franicsco office.

Lawrence
No, i didn't bother the congressman, some one told me it's useless, the congressman only can get the answer as same as the INS tell u. pending for name check, be patient, wait. i can not get anything from national customer service either, i filed with local office, don't have 13 digital number
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point

our congressperson was helpful. We filled out a form and sent in our request. Someone called from the office and we dicussed about what happened. they have their ways around and can help pushing local offices to pay attention to your case.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cookie Munster is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your case, but yes unfortunatly it is true that a congressperson will not really do anything if a security check is pending. Some of us have been waiting over a year after the interview so you are not the only one of that boat. Hang tight.

Originally Posted by yvhiaw
No, i didn't bother the congressman, some one told me it's useless, the congressman only can get the answer as same as the INS tell u. pending for name check, be patient, wait. i can not get anything from national customer service either, i filed with local office, don't have 13 digital number