H2B question

Old Aug 23rd 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Deano2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H2B question

If I applied for a h2b visa but it went into administrative processing can anyone tell me how long I am expected to wait?

Also if I decide to go for a different one with a separate company is that possible and what are the steps I need to take to pull the previous one?

Thanks for any help given folks.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H2B question

How long has it been in AP now? Sometimes it goes to AP for a few days until it changes to Issued. Sometimes, depending on your ethnic background or travel history, it goes to AP for an undetermined amount of time (anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of years) while they do further security checks.

If you want a separate visa, from a separate employer, the process will be the same as what you just went through. You don't need to pull the old visa.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Ok I believe it's something to do with the company issuing the visa from america. I have followed rules of leaving and entering by times and of white Caucasian ethnicity so I don't believe it's anything to do with me. It only runs until March 1st so trying to get out there this week if possible. It's been in AP since Friday 14th August.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

So I wouldn't have a issue if I just went for a different h2b with another company. I could just leave this one as it is.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 5:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deano2004
So I wouldn't have a issue if I just went for a different h2b with another company. .....
Well if your application is in AP due to your name (potential "person of interest" match), ethnicity, or travel history, then it is highly likely (almost certain) that any other visa applied for in your name will also go into AP for the same reason.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 23rd 2015 at 6:07 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So I wouldn't have a issue if I just went for a different h2b with another company. I could just leave this one as it is.
You can apply for as many visas with as many companies as you want - and you are allowed to have multiple visas processing simultaneously. However, if the reason you're currently under administrative processing hasn't changed, then you'll end up in administrative processing for each new visa you attempt.

It only runs until March 1st...
What is "it"?

I believe it's something to do with the company issuing the visa from America.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the only "company" that issues visas is the US Department of State. The US company files an initial petition for a visa, but you're the one who actually applies for the visa once the petition is approved. Have you, in fact, applied for the visa? Have you had an interview for the visa? A bit more information will make it easier to address your situation.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everybody,

Ian I have had the interview went to Belfast and just waiting now for them to send back my passport. The embassy kept it.
By it I meant the h2b visa.
And by company I ment the company petitioning for my visa. I believe it's a new company so it's raising some flags I believe. I'm just hoping it don't take too long. Horrible to be waiting around.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The embassy kept it.
Ah! That's usually a good sign.

By it I meant the h2b visa.
I see. I was wondering how you'd know the visa was only valid until March 1 when it hadn't yet even been issued.

I believe it's a new company so it's raising some flags I believe.
Ah - well, that makes sense! Thanks.

Ian