H1B Interview...

Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

madwa is on a distinguished road
Default H1B Interview...

Hi,

I am in the process of getting my H1B visa sorted, we have had approval of petition and we have the interviews booked for next Thursday.

When I booked the appointment, I am positive the operator said that we should receive some details through the post... It has now been 2 weeks and I haven't received anything... I was wondering if I misunderstood what he said about posting something or if I should call and chase it up...?

We have received the email confirmation of the appointments and also the MRV receipt.

Thanks!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B Interview...

Start here and see what you're missing:

Applying for the Visa

Links in the text and on the right side of the page.

http://london.usembassy.gov/h_additional_docs.html
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

I had already been through the site and my list was as follows:
DS 160 Print out
Appointment Confirmation Letter
MRV Receipt (payment receipt)
Passports
Spare Photos
Notice of Action Form I-797 (Petition Approval)
Wedding Certificate
Birth Certificates
Job Offer letter
CV
Degree Certificate
Wedding Photos? (I thought I had read this somewhere..?)

But I still have the thought in the back of my mind something was getting posted? :S

Also, Is there anything I have missed?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:34 pm
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had my H1b interview and they didn't look at most of that. They only really cared about the interview receipt, the DS160 receipt and our passports.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps, but it's better to be overprepared, bring something and have them not ask for it than be underprepared and not bring something they decide they want to see.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oicur0t
I just had my H1b interview and they didn't look at most of that.
When I was younger, I once bought a bottle of Bacardi. The clerk didn't ask to see my ID. Does that mean I didn't have my ID with me?

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:08 pm
Hello.

I'm not saying don't get it all together, but it was really annoying staying up late the night before trying to get the digital pictures to print out correctly. And waiting 10 weeks for a marriage certificate.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies, I think we have everything ready now and just counting down the days till thursday.

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:24 am
Hello.

Take something to read.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Well my interview was a success!

In and out within 1 hour with approval

Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madwa
Well my interview was a success!
Brilliant! Congratulations.

Ian