h1b interview

Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

helmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nice
Default h1b interview

i have had my approval through , and will be booking an interview soon does anyone know what the wait time is on a h1b interview , has anyone been to a h1b interview if so what should i take documents wise and what questions might they ask , thanks you for any replies
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: h1b interview

The wait time for an interview depends on where you will apply. See here for current times: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wa...itors_wait.php

Your employer's lawyer will probably tell you waht you need for the interview. You will need
(a) a valid passport;
(b) the original Form I-797A Approval Notice;
(c) a recent paystub;
(d) a completed Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application;
(e) a completed Form DS-157 (required for men over 16 years old);
(f) two passport-sized photos;
(g) the appropriate application fee and reciprocity fee; and
(h) the copy of the H-1B filing.

You should also check the specific requirements on the consulate website before applying. Consular procedures vary, and change frequently. The consulate websites are listed here: http://www.usembassy.gov/.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 5:58 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

my interview is this wednesday- I didn't know I had to take a recent payslip with me, doesn't mention it on the embassy web site! I'll take one to be on the safe side tho!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you need to supply a payslip as not yet working for the company you are applying for the H1B for? Surely your pay in any current job has no bearing on the visa application? Am only asking as husband will shortly be doing his H1b interview in London.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Why would you need to supply a payslip as not yet working for the company you are applying for the H1B for? Surely your pay in any current job has no bearing on the visa application? Am only asking as husband will shortly be doing his H1b interview in London.
Sorry - I cut and pasted from a letter that related to a H-1B extension, not a first-time application. You don't need a payslip in your cases. Everything else does apply.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

helmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nicehelmet is just really nice

i have a conviction from 20 years ago do i just take the acro document with me > i am currently on a e-2 so i know there isnt a problem
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

just found this on the embassy website -
Before scheduling the appointment for the visa interview, you are required to email the Embassy a scanned copy of the documents specific to your situation together with the form VCU 1 which is available from the Embassy website. The Embassy will review the information, make a decision on the type of appointment required, and email you with their decision.

To find out more about this process, please call the Operator Assisted Information Service. When calling you will be required to pay the MRV application of $131.00. This is a processing fee charged to cover the costs involved in processing your visasy website -

has anyone been through this process?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:40 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emartin
Sorry - I cut and pasted from a letter that related to a H-1B extension, not a first-time application. You don't need a payslip in your cases. Everything else does apply.
weird, I wasn't asked to supply a paystub on my extension a couple of months back
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul S
weird, I wasn't asked to supply a paystub on my extension a couple of months back
I always suggest bringing one just in case. I'd rather people have too many documents than not enough.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
we've extended our H visas numerous times and it was only this last time that my OH was asked to produce a pay slip