H1b and family members

Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1b and family members

Hi folks,

Just a couple of quick questions on my family coming along on H4 visas:

1- Do they need to answer any interview questions?
2- Do we have to make separate appointments?
3- Do we have to fill out separate forms for our 1 y.o baby?

Thanks
Cheers,
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:45 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1b and family members

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,

Thanks
Cheers,
You might get more answers if you ask the mods to move this to the Immigration & Visas forum.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,

Thanks
Cheers,
There are no questions that I've read, other than to confirm that your spouse is married to you and where you will work. Your appointments can be together.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/work.html
Spouses, Children & Partners

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay require derivative H-4 visas. The application procedure is the same; the I-797A or B covers dependents.

Wait for a double-check from someone (MsElui will know from her experience) but this is what the website says.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...interview.html
My child is under the age of 14; can I bring his/her application with me to the interview?

Yes, we will accept your child's application; there is no requirement that he or she appear in person if under the age of 14.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has the H1B and me and our two kids have H4 visas. We all had to have forms completed (DS-156). I had to go to the interview with husband (only 1 appointment needed) but our children (ages 4 and 6) did not. We did have to take photos for visa and their passports. I was not asked any questions at all. Husband was asked everything. We went through this only a few months ago so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope to be able to help you.