H1B - beyond the cap?

Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation H1B - beyond the cap?

Hi all,
it seems that the h1b cap has hit 65000. Does anyone know what's going to happen to the places filled by rejected applications? sent back to the pool?

Cheers,
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B - beyond the cap?

put E-3 back on the agenda mate.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you find out that the cap has been hit?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

liamdillon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by henryh
Where did you find out that the cap has been hit?
Yeah- the last published figure was 6,100 remaining as of 27th November (as far as I'm aware).
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

SusanPai is an unknown quantity at this point

6,100 as of November 27, 2010 is correct.

Last edited by SusanPai; Dec 8th 2009 at 5:03 pm. Reason: correction
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

liamdillon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SusanPai
61,000 as of November 27, 2010 is correct.

http://strongvisa.com/media/h-1b%20cap%20fy%202010.JPG
Susan, thanks for your info (I've relied on it tremendously over the past few weeks as I am currently applying for a H1B via my employer). I think you meant to type 6,100 though (I wish there was 61,000!)
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

LOL - thanks Liam! Posting has been corrected.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't 6000 odd reserved for certain country (S) and hence the H1B can now be deemed closed for common applicants?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by E3only
Wasn't 6000 odd reserved for certain country (S) and hence the H1B can now be deemed closed for common applicants?
There were 61,100 used as of 12/4: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD.

CIS allocates 6,800 for nationals of Chile and Singapore. However, since a very small number of these 6,800 get used, and the remainder are returned to the general pile, there is still time to file. Maybe.

Last edited by emartin; Dec 8th 2009 at 8:15 pm. Reason: Adding link
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emartin
There were 61,100 used as of 12/4: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD.

CIS allocates 6,800 for nationals of Chile and Singapore. However, since a very small number of these 6,800 get used, and the remainder are returned to the general pile, there is still time to file. Maybe.
Thanks for the update Unfortunately, the exact number set aside from the 65,000 for H1B1s is unknown - it may be UP TO 6,800. However, and also unfortunately, these unused slots are reallocated to the FY 2011 H-1B cap-subject visa pool instead of being returned to the current FY2010 pool.

Therefore, it is highly likely that the last day of acceptance for H-1B applications is here or will soon be here. However, we probably won't know for a while when the last day for acceptance was because of the numbers that are returned to the pool due to future denials and revocations-- the delay in years past will be further extended because of the temporary acceptance of uncertified LCAs.

Last edited by SusanPai; Dec 8th 2009 at 9:19 pm. Reason: Updated Info
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emartin

which reminds to ask, I've always wondered, why Chile and Singapore, does anyone know? Especially Chile?

Just seems very random.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
which reminds to ask, I've always wondered, why Chile and Singapore, does anyone know? Especially Chile?

Just seems very random.
Bilateral Free Trade Agreements between the U.S. and those countries.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:18 am
Just Joined

JetRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my H1-B yesterday - My sponsoring company applied in October and my lawyer in New York said that there were still approx 17000 left. Though there may have been a lot taken up recently, I don't know.

I had my interview yesterday in London - 15 min wait for 1st window, and an hour wait for the 2nd. I was called up as part of a group of 4 of us to window 19. I wasn't asked a single question - walked up to the window, finger printed, and was told to take my blue form to the courier desk - that was it - I was almost disappointed, having psyched myself up for a big 3rd degree!!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JetRanger
I was almost disappointed, having psyched myself up for a big 3rd degree!!
Congratulations! Many people report the actual interview as being somewhat anti-climactic.

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JetRanger
I just got my H1-B yesterday - My sponsoring company applied in October and my lawyer in New York said that there were still approx 17000 left. Though there may have been a lot taken up recently, I don't know.

I had my interview yesterday in London - 15 min wait for 1st window, and an hour wait for the 2nd. I was called up as part of a group of 4 of us to window 19. I wasn't asked a single question - walked up to the window, finger printed, and was told to take my blue form to the courier desk - that was it - I was almost disappointed, having psyched myself up for a big 3rd degree!!
Lucky you.

In my opinion, Interview is not the worst part, the wait after if you dont get is the nasty one.....

Congratulations ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.