H1 Multiple entry visa in India

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 5:06 pm
Harish

Hello, I will be travelling to India next month. I thought of getting my visa stamped
for multiple entry in India. I came to know that a few of them are having problems
getting a multiple entry visa in India. Is this true? Did any of you get this done
recently? Pleaset let me know. i would be going to chennai to get one.

Old Jul 4th 2001, 12:24 am
PM

Not in Chennai, and not very recently. But, I did get multiple entry H-1 from
Calcutta in Dec 2000. My 6 years were going to end on 3/15/01. So I had basically 3
months of time left for the regular 6 year H-1 limit. I did not have an interview.
The clerk sort of person just asked me " So you just want the Visa thru 3/15?" I sad
yes. Picked it up in the afternoon. Probably another stamp from Ottawa (10/96), and
that I had even applied for Adjustment of Status, helped. I think in the last 3-4
years they were very lenient, but recently they have started tightening up again. At
least in Calcutta. Make sure you take every single visa and work related document
with you (original+copy), don't leave home anything. Good luck.

PM

>
    >
    >
    >