H1-B Interview - what happened

Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1-B Interview - what happened

Hi all

After all the carry on with the photographs last week, headed in to London on Monday for our appointment at the Embassy. Interview scheduled for 9.00am and we arrived at approx 8.30am. Were shown in right away - no queue and after a problem with me setting the scanner machine off 4 times, made our way in. Got seen for the first part within about 10 minutes. No problems. Took a seat and had about a 25 minute wait for the actual interview. Husband got asked 2 questions (what was his position going to be in the company and what was the address of the company). That was it. Got told to go to the courier desk with the blue form.

Couldn't believe it!! After all the weeks of worry we were out within an hour. So just to let anyone who still has to appear - don't stress too much because it really wasn't as bad as we thought. And thanks for all the advice and suggestions which are posted on the boards here - they have been a godsend.

Good luck to all those travelling over the next couple of weeks and keep us posted how you get on when you get there. Hopefully heading out in the New Year when we've got everything tied up here.

Thanks again guys
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1-B Interview - what happened

Originally Posted by Brat1
That was it. Got told to go to the courier desk with the blue form.
Congratulations! Many people find the actual interview somewhat anticlimactic.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:08 am
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

Well done and yes it is a anticlimax. but you were a 100% up on my one question. I arrived in San Fran today and it was well cool to say to virgin - no esta I got a visa

Although my company has now decided they cannot afford to lose me in europe and I am in the middle of a US / European power struggle so i now dont know if I am moving to US or not.

Remember your 797B when you come if thats what you have. Immigration was a breeze.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:17 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I was the same as you- total anti climax, but at least I got a day out in London

when does everyone go? I fly out on nov 18th
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:20 pm

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

Hey Meryl,

Dallas is kool great house prices.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:25 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I like it there, just need to get a credit rating before I tihnk about buying property lol.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Congratulations
We are in SF now, fly home today, and then actually relocate on 16th November, Im on H4 and hubby is on H1b
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Naila7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
if you dont mind me asking - how did you actually get your H1-B visa. I would also love to work in the USA. Is it true IT is the Key Player.

thanks
Naila
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:50 pm

Current Market I guess it is, probably someone has the statistics.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:22 am
Dallas

Originally Posted by Naila7
Hi
if you dont mind me asking - how did you actually get your H1-B visa. I would also love to work in the USA. Is it true IT is the Key Player.

thanks
Naila
not sure about IT but I'm a biomedical scientist, which as luck would have it are in short supply in the USA (in my field anyway). I got my job by chance really- I put a post up on a msg board asking about professional registration for my field in the USA (hadn't even thought about the visa minefield yet!), and ended up being approached by a couple of places, so I flew over for interviews (any excuse for a holiday!) and got both jobs, however I was over qualified for one (the one I least wanted so I wasn't too bothered), and now after many sleepless nights and a few tears along the way, I'm finally ready to go!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Naila7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool - thats awesome.
I work in Finance for the Healthcare sector, but have a Masters in Management. Dont know what my chances are though, although i am going to explore them. Any contacts are much appreciated.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meryl
I was the same as you- total anti climax, but at least I got a day out in London

when does everyone go? I fly out on nov 18th
Hi Meryl

Not long for you now then. Probably wont be heading to New York until January. Got loads to tie up here at the moment. Let us know how you get on in the run up to the move. Hope you're all organised.

Good luck.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:13 pm
Dallas

cheers, same to you when it comes

I'm more or less all set, belongings have been shipped, flat has been sold, just waiting for the money to clear before I book my ticket. Having my cat flown out after xmas too. Finished up in work yesterday, so just going to do the rounds of friends and relatives before I go......and gorge myself on the food I'll miss lol.