H1-B interiew and I-797

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

siv1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1-B interiew and I-797

Hi all,

I am one of the fortunate few to obtain an H1-B visa. I had my interview in London yesterday and all went well and I was told that the visa is approved and that my passport will be returned with the visa in it.

I was just wondering about the I-797B document. Now that the visa is approved do I need it anymore? I ask this question as it wasn't returned to me after the interview. Is this usual? Do they return it along with the passport/visa?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to allAndrew Wilson is a name known to all
Lightbulb Re: H1-B interiew and I-797

You do need your approval notice. If the consulate failed to provide your approval notice after your interview, you need to follow up and get it back because you will need it in order to return to the US.

Regards,

Andrew M. Wilson, Esq.

Originally Posted by siv1uk
Hi all,

I am one of the fortunate few to obtain an H1-B visa. I had my interview in London yesterday and all went well and I was told that the visa is approved and that my passport will be returned with the visa in it.

I was just wondering about the I-797B document. Now that the visa is approved do I need it anymore? I ask this question as it wasn't returned to me after the interview. Is this usual? Do they return it along with the passport/visa?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Sue; Aug 24th 2006 at 1:42 pm. Reason: Duplicate url and email removed - Already in signature
Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:38 pm
nipuna

Default Re: H1-B interiew and I-797

Yes you will get it back with your passport.

siv1uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am one of the fortunate few to obtain an H1-B visa. I had my interview
> in London yesterday and all went well and I was told that the visa is
> approved and that my passport will be returned with the visa in it.
>
> I was just wondering about the I-797B document. Now that the visa is
> approved do I need it anymore? I ask this question as it wasn't returned
> to me after the interview. Is this usual? Do they return it along with
> the passport/visa?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --