Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

H-1B Education evaluation agency question

H-1B Education evaluation agency question

Old Nov 5th 2002, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

mwilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H-1B Education evaluation agency question

Hi All,

My question is rather simple. I'm a rather border-line H-1B applicant. What are my changes of getting an approval from an evaluation agency given that I have the following :

Education:

1995-1996 First year of a joint Computer Science and Mathematics degree
1996-1998 University Diploma in Software Engineering

4 Years work experience of running my own web hosting company that included significant elements of what would be taught on a final year of a US based Software Engineering bachelors degree ( i.e. things like Distributed Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Network Security, High Integrity Systems ). I have documentary proof of having over 120 customers ( I had over 500 but had to destory much of the data becuase of the Data Proection Act rules here in the UK ).

I, ofcourse, do have the firm jon offer ( I have a copy of an approved LCA from the DoL ) and have all the documents necessary to file with form I-129. I just need to know if I have a good chance of getting an approval from an evaluation agency with my combination of education + work experience.

Regards, Mark

Last edited by mwilliams; Nov 5th 2002 at 11:29 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2002, 2:55 am
Carlos Solorzano

Default Re: H-1B Education evaluation agency question

I would say pretty good.
I got mine after getting a 4 yr degree on computer engineering with almost
no experience.

--Carlos

"mwilliams" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    > My question is rather simple. I'm a rather border-line H-1B applicant.
    > What are my changes of getting an approval from an evaluation agency
    > given that I have the following :
    > Education:
    > 1995-1996 First year of a joint Computer Science and Mathematics degree
    > 1996-1998 University Diploma in Software Engineering
    > 4 Years work experience of running my own web hosting company that
    > included significant elements of what would be taught on a final year of
    > a US based Software Engineering bachelors degree ( i.e. things like
    > Distributed Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Network Security,
    > High Integrity Systems ). I have documentary proof of having over 120
    > customers ( I had over 500 but had to destory much of the data becuase
    > of the Data Proection Act rules here in the UK ).
    > I, ofcourse, do have the firm jon offer ( I have a copy of an approved
    > LCA from the DoL ) and have all the documents necessary to file with
    > form I-129. I just need to know if I have a good chance of getting an
    > approval from an evaluation agency with my combination of education +
    > work experience.
    > Regards, Mark
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 8th 2002, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Michael E. Piston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mwilliams
Hi All,

My question is rather simple. I'm a rather border-line H-1B applicant. What are my changes of getting an approval from an evaluation agency given that I have the following :

Education:

4 Years work experience of running my own web hosting company that included significant elements of what would be taught on a final year of a US based Software Engineering bachelors degree ( i.e. things like Distributed Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Network Security, High Integrity Systems ). I have documentary proof of having over 120 customers ( I had over 500 but had to destory much of the data becuase of the Data Proection Act rules here in the UK ).

I, ofcourse, do have the firm jon offer ( I have a copy of an approved LCA from the DoL ) and have all the documents necessary to file with form I-129. I just need to know if I have a good chance of getting an approval from an evaluation agency with my combination of education + work experience.

Regards, Mark
Old Nov 8th 2002, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Michael E. Piston is an unknown quantity at this point

This type of background should be considered by most evaluation agencies to be the equivalent of a computer related degree in education and experience.

Originally posted by mwilliams
Hi All,

Education:

Regards, Mark