H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

I think lawyers are making cock-ups across the country.

Totally pathetic, when you consider the money employers hand over to them. They should be on top of things like this.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

For the first time in two years of visa applications we received a receipt number from the company! Even though it doesn't make any difference I'm very happy with that., At least we are able to check the status ourselves now and don't have to wait for communications from them.
The petition is being processed at the moment, still don't dare to put the house up for sale as due to our previous experiences. We will wait and see and who knows, maybe this time
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

usagidonuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you applied through the express process? I was looking at the embassy website and seems like it takes longer....
Old May 1st 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

H1 came through. Yay!

Still working on the O1, but at least I will definitely be in California in October.
Old May 1st 2009, 7:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
H1 came through. Yay!

Still working on the O1, but at least I will definitely be in California in October.
Congrats, caleyjag... I know you've been sweating this.

Phew!
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleyjag
H1 came through. Yay!

Congratulations! Very happy to hear that at least one of your applications made it (even better if the O1 also comes through).

We're still waiting. Found it a bit strange to see that the case was received on the 23rd April when they said to us it was fedexed on the 1st. Would have thought to see a receive date of just after the first week, when they entered everything in the system.
I'm not complaining though.... already happy the application is being processed. With a bit of luck, the Greencard lottery will have a success for us as well and we have loads of options for our future.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Got my I-797C receipt today (for an application filed on April 17th). No premium processing so a couple of months to wait, but at least it's in the system!
Old May 5th 2009, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

vguser is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Is there many people still without a receipt. My lawyer says my application was in on time but we still have not heard anything.
Old May 6th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by henryh
Got my I-797C receipt today (for an application filed on April 17th). No premium processing so a couple of months to wait, but at least it's in the system!
This is what I find so strange. Company says it filed my husbands petition on April 1st, no premium processing, and the USCIS website say case received and pending April 23. Then I see these kind of messages from people who have filed on the 17th, no premium processing, and already approved.

Happy for you but so frustrating for us. Just don;t know what to believe sometimes

What service center was your petition filed? Maybe that can be the difference? My husband's petition is filed in California.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memiek
This is what I find so strange. Company says it filed my husbands petition on April 1st, no premium processing, and the USCIS website say case received and pending April 23. Then I see these kind of messages from people who have filed on the 17th, no premium processing, and already approved.

Happy for you but so frustrating for us. Just don;t know what to believe sometimes

What service center was your petition filed? Maybe that can be the difference? My husband's petition is filed in California.
I haven't been approved yet! The receipt is just that, a notice that the petition and fees have been received and the case is pending.

I'm with the California service center too. Their website says the processing time is about 2 months.

We can bite nails together.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by henryh
We can bite nails together.
I have hardly any left!
Old May 9th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

And again.... a RFE. Curious what the RFE is about (hopefully just the wrong form, that can easily be corrected).
Old May 9th 2009, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memiek
And again.... a RFE. Curious what the RFE is about (hopefully just the wrong form, that can easily be corrected).
It could be for something you have provided and they have lost, something that they already have and have not lost, for something completely different etc etc. Time will tell!
Old May 12th 2009, 5:58 am
Just Joined

billthebetterbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was sent in 1st of April, Receipt says "received" on April 7th. The receipt notice date is the 20th of April. My approval showed up on the website on the 4th of May!!

I applied with Bachelors degree and standard processing to California processing centre.
Old May 12th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

And yes, what a surprise: the wrong form was being used due to "preparing the application so early" .

Don't understand this at all though. I'm not a lawyer, living in Europe and even I knew about the new form!

Oh well.... we keep our hopes up and maybe, just maybe, after two years my we can finally move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.