H-1B Anyone Applying?

Old May 19th 2009, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

orudge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H-1B Anyone Applying?

Hello all!

I'm new here (although I have lurked a bit over the past few months), but am now in the process of applying for an H1-B visa! I'm a student due to graduate in June, with a job offer in Minnesota. I was getting ready to accept that I wouldn't be able to head out to the US this year, until April when it turned out that only half the visas had been applied for! So it's a case now for me of waiting until I have my degree confirmed, and then the company will submit an H1-B application for me.

Cheers,

Owen
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:51 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

who else is still waiting? I know my application has been received but nothing else to report so far- ho hum.....
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

cryos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meryl
who else is still waiting? I know my application has been received but nothing else to report so far- ho hum.....
I am still waiting. My forms were received on 1 April, I have a receipt with a received date of 7 April and a notice date of 24 April. This is at the Vermont processing center, normal processing. The tension is killing us.

I am currently in the US on a J-1, and cannot wait for them to get back to me. They are quoting two months processing time on the web site for that center - I guess that puts the likely date in early June.
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

stainluss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dagless
Hi all, hope you're good. I'm a brit with a job offer from a u.s. company and they've just submitted my application for an h-1b visa that would begin in october. Is anyone else in the same boat? Stressful huh?!

Some seem to think it'll be a lot easier this year, but when you're the one it involves it's hard to be too positive. Do you think it'll go to a lottery - I feel there'll be a big reduction in petitions but think there'll still have to be a lottery. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi as I embark on this journey of mystery....
was it hard to get the job offer?
did you apply for jobs online or do you work for a branch of the company in the UK?

I hope to apply in a year or two!

Good luck to everyone trying for it this year!
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:28 pm
Have Visa will travel SFO

rwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the roughrwoodfine is a jewel in the rough

I have now got my receipt number and got my log in to the uscis tracking site, for any one else in case you were unaware you can track your application progress, although on their site they have a table showing two months to process the applications.
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for adjudication.
Filed April 15th with California Service Center. I-797C receipt notice shows "received date" April 17th, "notice date" April 30th. No premium processing. Haven't heard anything since then.

The web tracking is a bit useless, it just says Pending!
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

HenryH - check your karma
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Husbands approval notice was apparently sent may 15 according to USCIS website. How long does it take for lawyers to get the hard copy of the approval notice? We emailed employers on Tuesday and they had not yet heard anything from the immigration lawyers and we giving them till next week.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

We're still waiting. RFE has yet to be sent back to the USCIS (that's what yo get when you give people plenty of time to tick a box......)
Old May 25th 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

stephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nice

Thanks for all the info in this forum - though I'm now feeling out of luck....

My application went in on April 7th, and the receipt (?) came back on April 23. Then, just 4 days ago I got the dreaded Request For Additional Evidence thing on the online-tracking site.

I have no clue what they want to know. I e-mailed my prospective employer, but haven't head back yet (holiday weekend I guess).

Sigh.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:30 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

H1b approved a few days ago!
they did an RFE, sent the info, about 2 weeks later got the confirmation.

Easy! Easy! Easy!

(I was worried for a wee bit though...).

C
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

stephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nicestephend- is just really nice

Nice one C!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:44 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ash_ak
sep 20th is the earliest date you can enter the US after getting ur H1 visa, not the earliest date you can apply for a visa, it states on your I-797 that you can goto an embassy/consulate to apply for H1 visa 90/60 days before oct 1st, i am not sure if its 60 or 90 days. either way, you can go for your visa anytime after aug 1st, if not july 1st.
Do we know if it is 60 or 90 days to appear in London for an Oct 1st Start?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

khem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nice

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
Do we know if it is 60 or 90 days to appear in London for an Oct 1st Start?
We (husband on H1B, H4 for me) have just made our appointments at the Embassy - we chose July 27th, as I don't finish work until then, but we were offered any date mon-fri after July 4th. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:11 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

what documents do we need to take with us? I just realised that I don't have a birth certificate, so I've had to get another one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.