Greencard arrived today!!!

Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:01 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Greencard arrived today!!!

Hi! My husbands greencard arrived today!!! So we got approved without an interview! He didn't get his welcome to the United States letter yet though but apparently it's been sent. I would like to especially thank in no particular order Rene, Rete, Meauxna, Ray, Ian, Tracy and anyone else who has helped us with our K1 and AOS. So I guess no worrying till we apply for the I751!

I will still be on here to here to try and help other people going through their K1 process! Even though we hired an attorneyshe did make mistakes. I don't know how we would have gotten through this without you guys!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

elisa_emely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Greencard arrived today!!!

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi! My husbands greencard arrived today!!! So we got approved without an interview! He didn't get his welcome to the United States letter yet though but apparently it's been sent. I would like to especially thank in no particular order Rene, Rete, Meauxna, Ray, Ian, Tracy and anyone else who has helped us with our K1 and AOS. So I guess no worrying till we apply for the I751!

I will still be on here to here to try and help other people going through their K1 process! Even though we hired an attorneyshe did make mistakes. I don't know how we would have gotten through this without you guys!!!
hey congrats!!

so do you get a greencard once you have been approved? or do you have to file all your residency papers before you get anything of that kind? hah this is the next step i have as my interview is on wednesday!well if i get my visa
Elisa
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:18 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elisa,
After your K1 interview , upon approval they will send you back your passport with your visa. You then have 6 months to get to the states and 90 days to get married. You should file for AOS within those 90 days. It's a bunch more paperwork and fees. My husband had his K1 interview last June about 5 months after we file the I129. He moved here in September and we got married and filed AOS in October. He got his biometrics in December and EAD card and AP papers in January. His case got transferred to California and we got an RFE for a medical even though he had one. Instead of arguing we just got another medical. So that was sent back in and a month later we were approved. Not sure whay we didn't need an interview but we could still get called for one in 2 years when we file outr I751. By the way my husbnads interview in London was pretty easy. Good luck with yours!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess no worrying till we apply for the I751!
ha ha ha ha! Promises, promises.

Welcome to America, Mister Penguinbar!!!!

The following USCIS pages are must reads for all new immigrants:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

I Am A Permanent Resident, How Do I...?

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage

Removing Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage

Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:24 pm

I know I'll still worry Meauxna! That's just me in general! So do we just keep the EAD and AP papers and file them away?He doesn't need to get a stamp in his passport does he? I assume the letter will be here in a few days. Thanks!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

elisa_emely is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Elisa,
After your K1 interview , upon approval they will send you back your passport with your visa. You then have 6 months to get to the states and 90 days to get married. You should file for AOS within those 90 days. It's a bunch more paperwork and fees. My husband had his K1 interview last June about 5 months after we file the I129. He moved here in September and we got married and filed AOS in October. He got his biometrics in December and EAD card and AP papers in January. His case got transferred to California and we got an RFE for a medical even though he had one. Instead of arguing we just got another medical. So that was sent back in and a month later we were approved. Not sure whay we didn't need an interview but we could still get called for one in 2 years when we file outr I751. By the way my husbnads interview in London was pretty easy. Good luck with yours!!
wow thats alot of visa jargen! hah i'll have to do my home work. so the first thing i need to do is file for AOS asap when married? hah ive just been taking the K1 process one step at a time and i think ive been really lucky to have gotten it all right so far! the embassy didnt send me ANYTHING apart from one letter saying they had my papers and i could start sending the rest. i had to google what to do!
thanks for your help!! i sure need it!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:28 pm

Hi.Does my husbnad have to carry his greencard at all times?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.Does my husbnad have to carry his greencard at all times?
Congratulations!! Yes, he should carry his greencard at all times (in his wallet, if he carries one).

He does not need a stamp in his passport, his green card takes care of that.

Keep saving evidence of your joint life together for the next two years so you'll have plenty for the I-751.

He doesn't really need the Welcome to America letter, either. He might not even get one, and that's OK.

Yes, file away (but don't throw away!!) whatever is not needed anymore (EAD, AP, etc).

Once he gets his green card in hand, he should go to the SS office and update his status with them, and get a new SS card with the "valid for work only with DHS authorization" removed.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:42 pm

Thanks Rene,

I just found out my attorney recieved the letter and is mailing it out. We are so excited! You guys have been such great help.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by elisa_emely
wow thats alot of visa jargen! hah i'll have to do my home work. so the first thing i need to do is file for AOS asap when married? hah ive just been taking the K1 process one step at a time and i think ive been really lucky to have gotten it all right so far! the embassy didnt send me ANYTHING apart from one letter saying they had my papers and i could start sending the rest. i had to google what to do!
thanks for your help!! i sure need it!
This forum has been a great help to me. I hope it will help you too!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

This forum has been a great help to me. I hope it will help you too!
Congratulations again. Happy days!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! My husbands greencard arrived today!
Congratulations! Wonderful news.

Even though we hired an attorney she did make mistakes.
She made a lot of mistakes. Now that you don't have a money issue with her any more, I still believe you should report her to the state bar association. Even if she was a novice, you should not have been the guinea pig for her practice.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yipeee! Congratulations and have fun looking at the back it.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'll still worry Meauxna! That's just me in general! So do we just keep the EAD and AP papers and file them away?He doesn't need to get a stamp in his passport does he? I assume the letter will be here in a few days. Thanks!

We are still waiting for a letter and DH has been a citizen since 2003 with AOS approval in 2000.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
We are still waiting for a letter and DH has been a citizen since 2003 with AOS approval in 2000.
We should make one up for Jim. I'm getting better at Photoshopping logos n' stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.