Green Card Questions

Old May 4th 2018, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Shmodin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card Questions

We are currently in the US on an L2 visa with myself as spouse and 2 children. The Green Card process was started last autumn. After chasing up the current situation we have been told this could take up to 3 years.

My husband has been with his company for 18 years and transferred to a new plant here in the US in July 2016. He was given the opportunity because of his many years of experience, however, he doesn’t have a university education/degree and this has been mentioned by the ‘Supervisor of International Transfers’ at my husband’s company. They are currently gathering information to create their case. Can anyone see us having problems and being refused.

Our daughter turns 17 this year and is really feeling she is missing out as her friends are all driving and getting summer jobs.
Old May 4th 2018, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: Green Card Questions

Define, green card process started and under which category
Old May 4th 2018, 9:01 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

When you say "Green Card process", is that from petition submission or from when you started evidence collection with the attorney?

Although, 3 years (assuming this is for EB-1C) is quite long. My process started 15 months ago and I'm hoping for it to be completed later in the year. I am still waiting to hear back from my I-140 application (11 months pending now)
Old May 4th 2018, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Evidence gathering started last year. Signed applications were returned to our immigration lawyers at the beginning of April. We had an email in January about filing at the beginning of the year but every step seems to take weeks to complete with them and we finally received the paperwork last month and returned it immediately.

is this quite normal?
Old May 4th 2018, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Are you saying your lawyers have yet to decide under what route they are applying.

We need to know this information to help
Old May 4th 2018, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

I think it’s I-485 under EB-3. I’ve text my husband to check but no reply yet.
Old May 4th 2018, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's either going to be manager(people or functional)
or
Specialized knowledge
Old May 4th 2018, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

I can’t answer as I don’t know. Both are relevant. I’ll try to find out. Thanks for your help.
Old May 4th 2018, 9:45 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shmodin
We are currently in the US on an L2 visa with myself as spouse and 2 children. The Green Card process was started last autumn. After chasing up the current situation we have been told this could take up to 3 years.

My husband has been with his company for 18 years and transferred to a new plant here in the US in July 2016. He was given the opportunity because of his many years of experience, however, he doesn’t have a university education/degree and this has been mentioned by the ‘Supervisor of International Transfers’ at my husband’s company. They are currently gathering information to create their case. Can anyone see us having problems and being refused.

Our daughter turns 17 this year and is really feeling she is missing out as her friends are all driving and getting summer jobs.
The HR person seems either confused or confusing. Or OP may not understand the situation.

Without more facts, the questions cannot be answered.

​​​​
Old May 4th 2018, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

She can drive.
Old May 5th 2018, 12:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't your daughter get a driver's license? She doesn't need a social security card (which I know she is not entitled to as the child dependent of an L visa). She only needs a letter from social security that she is ineligible. Take that to the DMV and apply for her learner's permit.