Green Card Question

Old Mar 20th 2001, 7:52 pm
Elizabeth

Hello, I wonder if someone could help me with a question. My husband has a
marriage-based green card, and I have a job prospect in the UK. If we went to live
there and he lost his green card due to non-residence, what would happen if we wanted
to move back to the US? Could he reapply for a marriage-based GC? Thanks.

Old Mar 20th 2001, 8:05 pm
Andy Platt

Yes he could reapply. Additionally you would be able to file the I-130 directly with
the consulate in London to cut out the service center overhead. Of course you would
need to pay all the fees again.

Of course if there was any way of holding off until he becomes a US citizen, this
wouldn't be an issue.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
marriage-based green card, and I have a job prospect in the UK. If we went to live
there and he lost his green card due to non-residence, what would happen if we wanted
to move back to
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 10:15 pm
Albert Einstien

You can apply for a waiver to allow him to stay longer abroad. If you have genuine
reason, the INS will approve it. However, you will lose time that gets counted for
your Naturalization.

>
to move back to
    >
    >
    >