Green card lottery - spouse?

Old May 9th 2007, 6:44 am
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice
Default Green card lottery - spouse?

Hi

I'm new to this part of the forum and I'm sorry if this was asked before (couldn't find anything relevant).
I was drawn in the lottery and I wonder if I can include my defacto partner in my visa application. As far as I can remember I could include him in the lottery online-form (not sure about that, too long ago).

But on the DS-230 form is no defacto box to check Must we be married in order to include him in my application?

Thanks for your help.

Bibbi

Last edited by biibi13; May 9th 2007 at 6:49 am.
Old May 9th 2007, 7:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card lottery - spouse?

Originally Posted by biibi13
Hi

I'm new to this part of the forum and I'm sorry if this was asked before (couldn't find anything relevant).
I was drawn in the lottery and I wonder if I can include my defacto partner in my visa application. As far as I can remember I could include him in the lottery online-form (not sure about that, too long ago).

But on the DS-230 form is no defacto box to check Must we be married in order to include him in my application?

Thanks for your help.

Bibbi
What does defacto mean? Anyway, I believe you needed to have been married at the time you applied for the lottery. I am not 100% sure on that, though, hopefully someone knows for sure. I was under the impression that you still need to have the same facts correct when you go for your interview, as your lottery application stated when you entered the lottery. Hopefully I'm wrong and you can include him.

Rene
Old May 9th 2007, 2:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage is a must ...
Old May 9th 2007, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What does defacto mean?
Rene
Well for example if you had a same sex partner and had a legal ceremony to confirm the civil relationship, that would be a de jure partner.

So a de facto would be where there was no legal recognition.

Not that either is relevant to US Immigration.
Old May 9th 2007, 5:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well for example if you had a same sex partner and had a legal ceremony to confirm the civil relationship, that would be a de jure partner.

So a de facto would be where there was no legal recognition.

Not that either is relevant to US Immigration.
Ah, thanks. Yes, the OP will definitely need to be legally married in order for her SO to have a chance at coming to the USA with her.

Rene
Old May 10th 2007, 1:17 pm
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice

Thank you all for your help!

Bibbi