Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green Card holder offenses - crimes committed etc - HELP

Green Card holder offenses - crimes committed etc - HELP

Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:21 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petty Larceny

Originally Posted by crg14624
Opening up 4 simultaneous threads for the same issue should be a CIMT.
It is: Cretinous Initiation of Multiple Threads.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Others have told you -- hire a lawyer and PAY for some RESEARCH.

Also note that plea bargaining can be the absolute worst thing he can do. I urge you to seek the advice of an immigration attorney well versed in criminal charges and permanent residents. A simple matter of shopping lifting can be grounds for deportation if not handled correctly in the criminal court. It was one of my immigration class questions from a few years back.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shouldnt he be the one asking the questions rather than his Dad?

Perhaps he is not bothered?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:42 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Shouldnt he be the one asking the questions rather than his Dad?

Perhaps he is not bothered?
It could be difficult for the son to ask. I don't know if the kid has internet access in the slammer..... Maybe they have Wifi.... :P
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davidvincent
Is a Petty Larceny a crime of moral turpitude?
Is criminal mischief a CIMT?
Hi:

To give you an idea of the fact that you are not asking simple questions

Carillo-Jaime v. Holder

BTW, given the Confirmation hearings going on, I find the concurrence fascinating -- agrees with the reasoning but thinks the result is incorrect, but will concur.

On this "judicial legislation" kick and "judicial activism -- well, the Norman Conquest predates Magna Carta which predates the American Revolution which predates the Constitution.

In 1790, the "judicial power" was understood by the original founding fathers to be under Common Law. Read Article III, Section 1. But I'm talking history here and not politics.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:07 pm
Banned

davidvincent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Green Card holder offenses - crimes committed etc - HELP

does it matter who asks the questions as long as I get the answers?

I get that we have to be careful that no ple bargains to a lower offense are guaranteed that they will not cause problems but as I understand as long as the offenses which are pled guilty to are NOT CIMT then that would be the path to go?

As long as no found guilty charges are crimes of moral turpitude then one would be ok?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:13 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I get that we have to be careful that no ple bargains to a lower offense are guaranteed that they will not cause problems but as I understand as long as the offenses which are pled guilty to are NOT CIMT then that would be the path to go?

As long as no found guilty charges are crimes of moral turpitude then one would be ok?
Really, these are questions you need to ask an attorney who has experience in defending Green Card holders in criminal cases, and who understands that implications for deportability. Even if anyone here has the extensive experience in this area you should be seeking, they are very unlikely to want to be offering opinions on this forum.

Short answer:- don't expect anyone to give you an informed, reliable yes/no answer on any course of action you propose.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:22 pm
Banned

davidvincent is an unknown quantity at this point

so whats this forum for then?
questions that are too obvious to answer or just for people to make fun at each other or?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

questions that are too obvious to answer or just for people to make fun at each other or?
Don't be ridiculous, it's a place for people to share their experiences with how things actually go vs what's written in the book and to direct people to resources.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:36 pm
Shocked of Redmond

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't be ridiculous, it's a place for people to share their experiences with how things actually go vs what's written in the book and to direct people to resources.
Meauxna is a big poopy pants!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Meauxna is a big poopy pants!
Queen-sized even!

My friend just tried to tell me her butt is the size of Washington State!
I don't believe her.

ooh, OT, am following the Washington library/internet access case with interest!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
In this case directing someone to a Lawyer for a very complicated case with potentially nasty consequences.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:11 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Pleading to something that isn't a CIMT is a good thing. You just have to be positively sure it's not a CIMT. Simple trespass is unlikely to be a CIMT.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Be nice. There are just some things that are beyond the scope of a DIY forum such as this. I take part because I have fun doing it and I want to steer people away from trouble. Some situations need individualized professional attention.

Let me put it this way, I've been told by people at CalTech that immigration is nothing like "rocket science;" its much harder to understand at times.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Jul 15th 2009 at 3:51 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:13 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

you want a bunch of interested amateurs to give you a definitive answer on a question in a very narrow field of immigration law that most of them wont have any experience in???? Seek an experienced lawyer for the specific answers you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.