Green Card In Hand

Old Dec 19th 2002, 9:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Green Card On Face

OK, I never did post our POE experience in its own thread, but the long and the short of it is that we entered at MSP on November 18 with the CR-1 visa, obtained via DCF in Athens for a UKC alien in 33 days.

Entry was remarkably quick; less than 15 minutes total. Officers were pleasant, prompt and armed in Secondary Inspection. We surrendered the MBE but not the X-Ray. Signature and fingerprints were collected (index finger too scarred to be of worth, they found an acceptable print on another digit) and reminders were given for Removal of Conditions. Some statement *may* have been made re: how long until the hard card arrives, but I didn't pay attention because I didn't think it would be "true" anyway. We had plenty of time to make our connection (3 hours)

Visited bank the next day with an unhappy result.

Visited real branch of bank 2 days after that and after some discussion persuaded the clerk to accept a W7 for the DAH as a visiting alien until SS# is released. I don't see why the Alien should be discriminated against in this way until their 90 day VWP date would be up. It's really really stoopid.

Applied for Social Security Number on November 29. To date, no movement; SS is still verifying status with INS. Was told to expect the number/card by the end of December.

December 16 stopped in the PO to mail our Holiday cards (yeah, I know they're late!) and checked the POBox...big surprise! A welcome letter in one envelope and a real-deal Green Card in the other envelope. DAH promptly stuck it to his forehead (seriously!) and proclamed his status where appropriate. 28 days total including time to forward our mail from the city to our beach hideout.

We're all very pleased, but now he wants a new wallet to keep his Green Card, Bank card and Social Security card in. God help me, it's like having a 10 year old around Seriously, it's all been very exciting and I'm glad it's also been relatively brief and painless. As our Immigration Officer said,

"Welcome to America, my man!"

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 19th 2002 at 9:23 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff,. Julie would like to know where you found such a mature guy. She is impatiently waiting for me to reach a mental age of 10.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 9:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by abba48uk
Great stuff,. Julie would like to know where you found such a mature guy. She is impatiently waiting for me to reach a mental age of 10.
LMAO, esp. because he is sort of ripe....

I think I'd better change the header for this post too...
Old Dec 19th 2002, 9:26 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Good to hear everything is going OK for you and that it only takes a month to get the GC. Good Luck and God Bless

Patrick